There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Matt Shaub (same production with a worse team but a great WR)

It helps having the best Wide Receiver in the league to throw to. All he has to do is throw it up and Johnson will come down with it. Think Daunte Culpepper when he had Randy Moss.

Quote:
Eli Manning- He already has won the superbowl, his starting RB is always injured, WAAY more accurate, his D sucked so its not his fault his team sucked, no great WR, and when he had a good D and great WR, he won a damn superbowl

I like Eli, but he won the Superbowl BECAUSE he had a great defense. That defense help the highest scoring offense to 14 points. And I dont know how you say Eli is more accurate than Aaron Rodgers when Eli's highest Completion percentage is less than Aaron's career average completion percentage.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:

Matt Shaub (same production with a worse team but a great WR)

It helps having the best Wide Receiver in the league to throw to. All he has to do is throw it up and Johnson will come down with it. Think Daunte Culpepper when he had Randy Moss.

Quote:
Eli Manning- He already has won the superbowl, his starting RB is always injured, WAAY more accurate, his D sucked so its not his fault his team sucked, no great WR, and when he had a good D and great WR, he won a damn superbowl

I like Eli, but he won the Superbowl BECAUSE he had a great defense. That defense help the highest scoring offense to 14 points. And I dont know how you say Eli is more accurate than Aaron Rodgers when Eli's highest Completion percentage is less than Aaron's career average completion percentage.

its simple actually, Aaron Rodger's receivers > Eli Manning's receivers
Wow, there is a lot of unjustified hate for Aaron Rodgers on this board.

I'm gonna wager that most people want to psychologically distance themselves from him and say he is a bad player, since we could have had him instead of a to-date bust. Their minds can't handle that perhaps we screwed up once or twice.

You have to be joking yourself to say that Rodgers is not a great QB. He's not Steve Young, but I do see the comparisons.

P.S. Rodgers was a FF god 2 years running.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Wow, there is a lot of unjustified hate for Aaron Rodgers on this board.

I'm gonna wager that most people want to psychologically distance themselves from him and say he is a bad player, since we could have had him instead of a to-date bust. Their minds can't handle that perhaps we screwed up once or twice.

You have to be joking yourself to say that Rodgers is not a great QB. He's not Steve Young, but I do see the comparisons.

P.S. Rodgers was a FF god 2 years running.

Oh, it's not that at all. I hate his guts, because he's a GB fudge packer. Everyone who plays on that team, I hate. You ever heard of F=qE? q = player's charge, or popularity, E = the field of hate I have for GB, and F equals the force of my hate for such player. For Rodgers, my hate is over 9000 N.

(Yes, it's a terrible joke, but you get the point )
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jul 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM ]

2009 (as a team)

NYG - 1837 yards rushing for 4.1 ypc. 103 1st downs gained.

GB - 1885 yards rushing for 4.2 ypc. 102 1st downs gained.

Looks to me like they had the same amount of production from there ground games. As for the WR's, Steve Smith outproduced both Jennings and Driver whilst Mannigham and Nicks were also very productive (822 and 790 yards receiving respectively). Basically they got very similar production from there respective WR's and TE's.

Both QB's were able to throw for over 4000 yards, yet Rodgers completed 2.4% more of his passes and threw for 0.3 yards more per attempt. Rodgers also was sacked nearly 100 times more than Eli.
Aaron Rodgers

ROLL on you Bear

Is thread a joke or is this serious?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:

Its a serious joke
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

2009 (as a team)

NYG - 1837 yards rushing for 4.1 ypc. 103 1st downs gained.

GB - 1885 yards rushing for 4.2 ypc. 102 1st downs gained.

Looks to me like they had the same amount of production from there ground games. As for the WR's, Steve Smith outproduced both Jennings and Driver whilst Mannigham and Nicks were also very productive (822 and 790 yards receiving respectively). Basically they got very similar production from there respective WR's and TE's.

Both QB's were able to throw for over 4000 yards, yet Rodgers completed 2.4% more of his passes and threw for 0.3 yards more per attempt. Rodgers also was sacked nearly 100 times more than Eli.

Eli has a ring on his finger, Aaron Rodgers doesnt
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Aaron Rodgers

ROLL on you Bear

i hope a bear rolls on rodgers.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Rodgers is a very good QB, and the Packers could have a Montana/Young type transition in Favre/Rodgers.

If the Packers improve their offensive line (which they have this off-season), and continue to develop other WRs (Jennings, Jones, and Nelson are a great set of young WRs to pair with Driver), then I see them as being the top dogs in the NFC North and potentially the NFC conference.

Rodgers has everything you look for in a franchise QB - quick release, powerful arm, good accuracy, scrambling ability to get the first down. The main downside to his style of play is that he takes way too many sacks.

McCarthy is doing one hell of a job in Green Bay, and I was very skeptical of their transition to a 3-4 defense, but its worked great.
I found a better comparison for Rodgers,

That man is Matt Hasselbeck
A good overall QB who will make a couple pro bowls, but when it's all said and done, he ain't anything special.
Who doesn't remember how Hasselbeck was hyped up. He also has a very similar career to Rodgers as he too was drafted to back up Favre. He sat a couple years and the followed Holmgren to Seattle.

Rodgers has had everything fall on his lap perfectly. Sat behind a future HOF, learned all the ins and outs of the playbook. Then he inherited a team that was one INT away from goin to the Super Bowl.

Let him win a playoff game before you crown him
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I found a better comparison for Rodgers,

That man is Matt Hasselbeck
A good overall QB who will make a couple pro bowls, but when it's all said and done, he ain't anything special.
Who doesn't remember how Hasselbeck was hyped up. He also has a very similar career to Rodgers as he too was drafted to back up Favre. He sat a couple years and the followed Holmgren to Seattle.

Rodgers has had everything fall on his lap perfectly. Sat behind a future HOF, learned all the ins and outs of the playbook. Then he inherited a team that was one INT away from goin to the Super Bowl.

Let him win a playoff game before you crown him
Aaron Rodgers has a better arm though, and in his prime Matt Hasselback was more accurate

Aaron Rodgers has the game of Big Ben in my opinion, i dont think he'll be as successful though

Its a serious joke

Ok, well...

He has looked really good, nothing like Steve Young, but really good. Other than that, he hasn't accomplished much of anything but a decent stat line, that doesn't put you in the Hall of Fame and he has no right anywhere near Young's jock, at least not yet.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Its a serious joke

Ok, well...

He has looked really good, nothing like Steve Young, but really good. Other than that, he hasn't accomplished much of anything but a decent stat line, that doesn't put you in the Hall of Fame and he has no right anywhere near Young's jock, at least not yet.

I agree, he puts up good numbers, but he wont be anything special. and he has a huge problem with holding onto the ball.