There are 162 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Aaron Rodgers = most overrated player in the NFL

It's funny because it's true.

Aarons' defense helps him out ten fold.

They do all of the dirty work, and he throws a touchdown in the red zone thanks to the defense and does gay dragon punches for the media.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Aaron Rodgers is an average QB with a big arm and nothing better than that.

Aaron Rodgers is a beast. Everyone says he wouldn't succeed in our team because we were bad, that's a lie. He woulda instantly made us better..

Sorry birdman, but this post is a huge lie

I dont think any rookie Qb could have succeeded with Mike Nolan bashing him, Brandon Lloyd as our number 1 receiver, 5 OC's in 5 years, a terrible OL, and did i mention Mike Nolan was our HC? and our defense was turrible!

You said he would have instantly made us better? Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for what? 2-3 years? He wouldnt be the same if we just threw him in after half a season into our old 49er situation.

And when he comes in, he has a HC who has a very good offensive mind, a good possession receiver in Donald Driver, and a Pro Bowler WR in Greg Jennings. Now he has a defense who was ranked 7th in Points Allowed per game and 2nd in Yards allowed per game last year to also support his team.

He was and still is surrounded by a solid coaching staff and pretty damn good talent, plus he sat behind Favre for a couple of years. He also has had the same OC since '07, and that same OC was with the Packers since '03. These are all reasons why hes so successful.
Now compare the couple of paragraphs that I wrote to Alex Smith's situation that we all witnessed. Do you really think Aaron Rodgers would be as successful?
People overrate him way too much - I MEAN COME ON! THERES A THREAD COMPARING HIM TO STEVE YOUNG!?

and dont say look at the stats. He does have good stats, ok: 4,434 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs
oh ya? How about Tony Romo? Is he as good as steve young too? 4,483 yards, 26 TDs, 9 INTs
How bout matt shaub? 4,770 yards, 29 TDs, 15 INTs. He had more than 300 yards compared to Rodgers and abut the same # of TDs

"Oh hai guise im aaron rodgers, i throw for over 4000 yards and 30 TDs, now im better than steve young, did I ever show you guys my s**t stained upper lip?

[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Here's what I think:

DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER COMPARE THAT #&$(_#$#$*+# ##$ %# PIECE OF #*$&#+%+% TO STEVE YOUNG!!!

EVAR!!

I agree, crap posts like this should get 50% warning minimum.

K thx bye.

P.s. %_#(%_#% %#$%
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

They do all of the dirty work, and he throws a touchdown in the red zone thanks to the defense and does gay dragon punches for the media.

You know Rodgers plays behind one of the worst O-lines in the league right?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

no, both of his starting tackles were injured at the beginning of this year. the oline improved greatly at the last half of the season
Aaron Rodgers was developed into being one of the best QB's in the league. If we traded for him today we'd be one of the best teams. Had we picked him instead of Alex I think he'd be in the same boat as Alex is in right now. If Green Bay had picked Alex and he sat behind Favre for 3 years I think he'd be a top QB too. Both have tons of talent and both had tons of potential. I think Alex can still be a very good QB.
Just because we passed over Aaron there are people on here who want to think he sucks.

no, both of his starting tackles were injured at the beginning of this year. the oline improved greatly at the last half of the season

Ok, before I go in on you on your ignorant comments. You said that Rodgers was only an average QB. Give me a list of QBs that you think are better than him.

I want to see that list.

I only see Manning, Brees, and maybe the current Brady being better than him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
the top four are easily better than him
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Matt Shaub (same production with a worse team but a great WR)
Eli Manning
Donovon Mcnabb
Brett Favre if he comes back
Kurt Warner last year
those are all better than him

Id take these guys in the future over him
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford
maybe vince young since he knows how to win over any QB in the league after my top 2 in the list

So theres 13 QBs, Aaron Rodgers goes after those 13 in my book and Alex Smith right after
Rodgers is good, but to compare him to a HoF QB and one of the best, gutsiest players of all time is just....maddening.
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Eli Manning
Donovon Mcnabb
Kurt Warner last year

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford
maybe vince young since he knows how to win over any QB in the league after my top 2 in the list

So theres 13 QBs, Aaron Rodgers goes after those 13 in my book and Alex Smith right after

holy s**t, you are 15

n/m, i'm not even going to waste my time on you kid

Rodgers tossed up 30 TDs and only 7 ints last year, all while playing behind a bottom 5 Oline of the league. Your list is beyond retarded.

you know he holds on to the ball forever right?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Rodgers is good, but to compare him to a HoF QB and one of the best, gutsiest players of all time is just....maddening.

I am comparing their game and skillsets. If you are willing to look at it from just an NFL fan's perspective then you will see that they are very similar. I never said anything about Rodgers being able to achieve what Young was able to do.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

you know that was 2009 right?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

you know that was 2009 right?

He always has held on to the ball forever. His OLine had to punk him to try to get him to stop.

A Rodgers is a slower version of McNabb
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Eli Manning
Donovon Mcnabb
Kurt Warner last year

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford

holy s**t, you are 15

n/m, i'm not even going to waste my time on you kid

Rodgers tossed up 30 TDs and only 7 ints last year, all while playing behind a bottom 5 Oline of the league. Your list is beyond retarded.
lol seriously?
Peyton Manning- no doubter, unless you have down syndrome
Drew Brees- no doubter, unless you have down syndrome
Tom Brady- no doubter, unless you have down syndrome
Phillip Rivers- no doubter, unless you have down syndrome
Eli Manning- He already has won the superbowl, his starting RB is always injured, WAAY more accurate, his D sucked so its not his fault his team sucked, no great WR, and when he had a good D and great WR, he won a damn superbowl
Donovon Mcnabb - same people IMO
Brett Favre if he comes back- - no doubter, unless you have down syndrome
Kurt Warner last year -- no doubter, unless you have down syndrome

Matt Ryan -
Joe Flacco -
Matthew Stafford
the sky is the limit for them 3 ^

Like the poster above me said, Aaron Rodgers is a Donovan McNabb type QB, he also reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger, but without the mental and physical toughness
Share 49ersWebzone