There are 219 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shooting at Michael Vicks Party!

Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by crzy:
This is a nonstory. People like to make a big deal out of every little thing.

Vick wasn't there. That's it. End of story.

No the thing is, he violated probation by being with duechbag that got shot...they were even shown on video together. And he lied about it. Sure he may have left before duechbag got shot, by minutes, yet sent a statement that he was well off by then....the problem with him is that he put himself in this situation....like he has always done....why throw yourself a public party? Not a good move....I guess him and Tony Dungy arent buddies anymore?

I thought the other guy wasn't invited but found his way in.

He should have not made it a public party at a bar, or resturant....should have had it at his house, with all the s**t he had been through, thats just asking for trouble. Phillips and Vick were on camera together as well
Asked on how he felt the party went, Vick responded "Man, it was a blast!"

No the thing is, he violated probation by being with duechbag that got shot...they were even shown on video together. And he lied about it. Sure he may have left before duechbag got shot, by minutes, yet sent a statement that he was well off by then....the problem with him is that he put himself in this situation....like he has always done....why throw yourself a public party? Not a good move....I guess him and Tony Dungy arent buddies anymore?

He should have not made it a public party at a bar, or resturant....should have had it at his house, with all the s**t he had been through, thats just asking for trouble. Phillips and Vick were on camera together as well

Hit the nail on the head! He should have had the party at home with his family and a few very close friends. He should know better by now to stay away from clubs and s**t. Not to mention he's already lied about when he left and listening to Sirius Blitz yesterday, a few witnesses claim the shots came from the area where Vicks car was. I don't know if it's true, it's just what was reported.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

The guy can't live his life in a bubble just because of his past f**kups.

He's on federal probation dude - he needs to be in a f**king bubble as he's apparently too dumb to understand how fortunate he is to have been given a second chance.

A few years of life away from the homies in exchange for a life most of us will never enjoy - ever. Is that so goddamn hard?
Originally posted by horsecore:

He's on federal probation dude - he needs to be in a f**king bubble as he's apparently too dumb to understand how fortunate he is to have been given a second chance.

A few years of life away from the homies in exchange for a life most of us will never enjoy - ever. Is that so goddamn hard?

Couldn't say it any better. He made his past decisions and thought he was above the law. I'm all for second chances but he obviously hasn't learned anything. He's making millions of dollars and no matter what he shouldn't have been there.
Originally posted by horsecore:

EXACTLY
All the probation issues aside, am I the only one who finds people who abuse animals creepy? We all know he WAS involved in letting hurt animals die a slow painful death and used a hammer to knock out the female dogs teeth, so she couldn't bite the male dogs, who would be breeding with her.

I'm no animal nut, but that s**t is creepy as hell and waaaay wrong and I think it says a lot about the people who get pleasure out of doing this. Yes he did his time and got a second chance and seemed to making the most of it. Till now.

I found an insightful article by the FBI about people who abuse animals.
LINK!
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
All the probation issues aside, am I the only one who finds people who abuse animals creepy? We all know he WAS involved in letting hurt animals die a slow painful death and used a hammer to knock out the female dogs teeth, so she couldn't bite the male dogs, who would be breeding with her.

I'm no animal nut, but that s**t is creepy as hell and waaaay wrong and I think it says a lot about the people who get pleasure out of doing this. Yes he did his time and got a second chance and seemed to making the most of it. Till now.

I found an insightful article by the FBI about people who abuse animals.
LINK!

Careful - if you bring this up, people will accuse you of calling Michael Vick a serial killer.
honestly no team in the league is going to touch him. He is stupid to put himself in that situation. Ive always thought he deserved a 2nd chance. He got it, but now i cant be in support of him. So stupid.

He should just go win a few Grey cups as a starting QB in Canada....prove he can still play and in 2 years NFL teams will be knocking at his door. At this point it would really be the smart thing to do for him.
michael vick does fun things.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
michael vick does fun things.

Typical media spin at work. Vick, for all his troubles I doubt is as stupid as he's being portrayed here. For one, nearly every article I read describes Quanis Phillips as one of Vick co-defendants in his dogfighting case, but conveniently fails to mention that his testimony helped send Vick to prison. Which is a very important fact.

So let's do some simple deducing here:

-It's a pretty safe bet that Quanis Phillips was not invited, let alone there chumming it up with Vick. I'm sure Vick is well aware the ramifications of getting caught hanging with this guy. Not that he'd want to in the first place.

Of course shooting him would probably be frowned upon as well.

And while you can argue that he should have just partied at home, it's totally unreasonable to expect him to think "Gee, I wonder if the guys that snitched on me will want to come?"

Face it folks, Vick is still a young man trying to enjoy his celebrity.

Which isn't a crime.

-Now what happened leading up to the shooting is anyone's guess. Maybe someone from Vick's family recognized dude, and put the plan in motion to get him. In the inner city I can tell you first hand snitching is an inexcusable offense and WILL LIKELY get you killed. And it may not even be by the person you sent to jail. Being labeled a snitch pretty much puts a big, fat target on your back. If you're so naive to come back to the place where you did your dirt, you're liable to go at anytime. By anybody.

Sad, but a fact of life.

Or maybe Mike did order the hit? But it wouldn't make much sense to try to have someone killed...at a public party....with you in attendance...knowing full well you'd be the prime suspect.

I personally think that Phillips showed up uninvited, and with the intent to start some trouble. Obviously things didn't work out the way he hoped. I think that someone from Vick's entourage told him (Vick) to get lost, so they can take care of business.

Then Phillips wound up shot.

Pure speculation on my part, but that seems to make the most sense.
[ Edited by baltien on Jul 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
Typical media spin at work. Vick, for all his troubles I doubt is as stupid as he's being portrayed here. For one, nearly every article I read describes Quanis Phillips as one of Vick co-defendants in his dogfighting case, but conveniently fails to mention that his testimony helped send Vick to prison. Which is a very important fact.

-It's a pretty safe bet that Quanis Phillips was not invited, let alone there chumming it up with Vick. I'm sure Vick is well aware the ramifications of getting caught hanging with this guy. Not that he'd want to in the first place.

And while you can argue that he should have just partied at home, it's totally unreasonable to expect him to think "Gee, I wonder if the guys that snitched on me will want to come?"

Which isn't a crime.

-Now what happened leading up to the shooting is anyone's guess. Maybe someone from Vick's family recognized dude, and put the plan in motion to get him. In the inner city I can tell you first hand snitching is an inexcusable offense and WILL LIKELY get you killed. And it may not even be by the person you sent to jail. Being labeled a snitch pretty much puts a big, fat target on your back. If you're so naive to come back to the place where you did your dirt, you're liable to go at anytime. By anybody.

Sad, but a fact of life.

Or maybe Mike did order the hit? But it wouldn't make much sense to try to have someone killed...at a public party....with you in attendance...knowing full well you'd be the prime suspect.

I personally think that Phillips showed up uninvited, and with the intent to start some trouble. Obviously things didn't work out the way he hoped. I think that someone from Vick's entourage told him (Vick) to get lost, so they can take care of business.

NFL network update has the police report saying Vick was in a confrontation earlier that night and had to be restrained. Something else he's lied about that night. Poor guy huh? Always getting picked on? When people lie, it's because they're caught doing wrong. He's lied alot about that night.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by baltien:

Which isn't a crime.

Sad, but a fact of life.

NFL network update has the police report saying Vick was in a confrontation earlier that night and had to be restrained. Something else he's lied about that night. Poor guy huh? Always getting picked on? When people lie, it's because they're caught doing wrong. He's lied alot about that night.

I'm not saying he's "always" getting picked on, but c'mon man. Why would you expect him to NOT have words with a guy who help send him to jail? Should he have been happy to see him instead? And checking the below ESPN article, the lead prosecutor on the case (that made the statement you referenced) went on to say that there's no evidence that any kind of altercation took place.

See here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5362371

Looking at the known facts objectively you can't say Vick did anything criminal that night. In fact, it appears as though he did the right thing for once. He saw Quanis Phillips. They may have exchanged some words. And then Vick left.

End of story.

I'm not saying Michael is a saint, but being prior felon doesn't automatically make him at fault here either. Should anything come out stating otherwise I will be the first one here admitting I was wrong.
[ Edited by baltien on Jul 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM ]