There are 293 users in the forums

Seahawks could have interest in WR Vincent Jackson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by teeohh:
chargers should just pay the man

Or Vincent Jackson should just play and hash this stuff out later. -Seriously, he can either STFU and possibly go to the AFC Championship in 2011... or finish the season 3rd in the NFC West with tons of money.

We shouldn't get too confident. The Seahawks offense could be exciting with Jackson. Their receivers are already better than ours and they have some talented runners as well. Anything can happen in the NFL.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by teeohh:
chargers should just pay the man

Or Vincent Jackson should just play and hash this stuff out later. -Seriously, he can either STFU and possibly go to the AFC Championship in 2011... or finish the season 3rd in the NFC West with tons of money.

We shouldn't get too confident. The Seahawks offense could be exciting with Jackson. Their receivers are already better than ours and they have some talented runners as well. Anything can happen in the NFL.

hmm lets see

vernon davis > john carlson
crabtree > TJ houshyourmoma
frank gore > forsett, julius jones
deon branch > morgan or ginn ??

maybe in one slot they are better but thats it.
Saw this update on the situation today.

UPDATE: Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel tweeted Saturday night that Chargers assistant GM Randy Mueller was at the Seahawks-Packers game, scouting prospects for a possible Jackson trade. This adds a new wrinkle to the proceedings, as it was thought that a second-round pick would be the trade bounty involved, not players.
---
ESPN's John Clayton reported Friday night that the Seattle Seahawks were given permission to speak with the agents of disgruntled San Diego Chargers holdout wide receiver Vincent Jackson. While it doesn't seem as though any real progress was made (Clayton notes that the Seahawks were merely exploring the cost of what it would take to sign Jackson), this is the first step in a potential deal that would send Jackson out of San Diego.
Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the Chargers are seeking a second-round draft pick for Jackson. Seattle, along with any other teams that pursue a trade, has to be willing to take on No. 83 despite the fact that he'll start the season with a suspension.
One team that was interested in Jackson earlier this offseason was the Washington Redskins, and it will be interesting to see if they get back in the mix now that it's clear that the Chargers are open to the idea of a trade. The Skins still have a need at wide receiver, with nobody besides Santana Moss inspiring too much confidence in that unit. Meanwhile, if Seattle were to pull the trigger on a Jackson deal, that could endanger fellow 6-foot-5 wide receiver Mike Williams' chances of making the Seahawks' 53-man roster.
ESPN.com AFC West blogger Bill Williamson writes that trading away Jackson is the right move for San Diego (see below).

- Jeff Dooley

Bill Williamson

Just trade him already
"It's smart for San Diego to consider trading Jackson. They are so far apart in talks it seems likely Jackson will stay away from the team all season. San Diego likes its receiving crew that includes Malcom Floyd, Legedu Naanee and Buster Davis. It thinks its offense is potent enough to win without Jackson. By trading him now, it allows everyone to move forward and it ends one distraction for the team. Plus, it would allow San Diego, which already has a load of 2011 draft picks, to become major power brokers in next year's draft. San Diego should get aggressive. If you're not going to sign Jackson, you might as well flip him for value."

[ Edited by Hawksfan81 on Aug 22, 2010 at 13:12:19 ]
He's a really good player and we would have a tough time with him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I wonder what player they would want in a trade for Jackson. I think the Hawks are not against the idea of getting rid of Leroy Hill.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I wonder what player they would want in a trade for Jackson. I think the Hawks are not against the idea of getting rid of Leroy Hill.

Sounds like you guys signed another one of our cast-offs today. Brandon Jones. Makes me wonder if Jackson is still being courted.
I imagine that he probably is. Jones is nowhere near the same caliber of reciever as Jackson is. Pete just likes to kick the tires on every available player it seems.
Share 49ersWebzone