There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whos the worst Head coach in the NFL

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Maybe Spagnoulo, he managed to make the Rams worse somehow.

Spags is way over his head, it's going to take at least three more seasons before they field a decent team, and Spags will be gone by then, but the guy developed quiet the defensive unit in NY, I loved the attacking style of play he learned to coach from the late great Jim Johnson.

But Sadly Spags gets my vote too....Mike Nolan is up there too
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Raheem Morris.

How do you fire John Gruden and hire this guy.

Raheem Morris is a players coach. The owners no longer felt Gruden was the guy to turn them around and Morris (another Kiffin disciple) would have had a HC'ing job sooner or later with another team in all likelihood.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Pete Carroll and Chan Gailey

Once upon a time Bill Belichick wasn't very successful in his first NFL HC'ing stint. So to call these two the worst before they have begun round 2 of the HC'ing careers is unjust IMHO.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Raheem Morris
Eric Mangini
Todd Haley

in some order.

-9fA

Mangini I can see an argument for however Morris and Haley have 1 year under their belts and both took over talent laden teams in rebuilding mode. Takes time to rewrite a sinking ship...IMO jury is still out.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Maybe Spagnoulo, he managed to make the Rams worse somehow.

Same can be said for Spags that applied to Morris and Haley. You have to account for they had to work with. It will take them 2-3 years of coaching their respective teams IMO before one can pass a fair assessment.

Rookie HC's are going to make rookie HC'ing mistakes, the important thing is that they learn from them.

IMO the worst NFL HC is Wade Phillips. Jack Del Rio and Eric Mangini get votes as well.
Gotta be the idiot in Denver or Mangina.
Fox.
mike singletary
Originally posted by Chief:
Gotta be the idiot in Denver or Mangina.

this
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Jack Del Rio.

Entering the 7th year coaching the Jaguars. He's only made 2 playoff appearances, and only posted 3 .500+ records.
Eric Mangini
josh mcdaniels
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Eric Mangini

Winner!!!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Tom Cable

this
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tom Cable

this

I will actually disagree with this. If nothing else he found the "key" to lock up Al for the 1st day of the draft. He's at least trying which is something they haven't had for a long time.

I'd have to vote for Gailey. He was trash in the NFL first time around, and really didn't do much at Georgia Tech. They had to bring in a guy to run the triple option to make up for his screw ups.

McDaniel will be either dufus or a "brilliant young coach". My respective would be the former, since his ego doesn't sit well with talent.

Mangini would probably be up there also.

As for Morris, Haley and some of the new coaches, well let's see in a year or two.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tom Cable

this

I will actually disagree with this. If nothing else he found the "key" to lock up Al for the 1st day of the draft. He's at least trying which is something they haven't had for a long time.

I'd have to vote for Gailey. He was trash in the NFL first time around, and really didn't do much at Georgia Tech. They had to bring in a guy to run the triple option to make up for his screw ups.

McDaniel will be either dufus or a "brilliant young coach". My respective would be the former, since his ego doesn't sit well with talent.

Mangini would probably be up there also.

As for Morris, Haley and some of the new coaches, well let's see in a year or two.

This is about the NFL....what he did in college is meaningless in this discussion. In Dallas he did not light the world on fire however he was not terrible either. Jerry Jones has regrets about firing him now. And like I mentioned earlier, Belichick did not exactly light the world on fire his first go around as HC so to label Gailey as the worst before he even coached a game with Buffalo is a bit premature.