There are 151 users in the forums

Next Years possible lock-out

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know nobody really wants to talk about it, but if there is one team that wants a deal to be struck more then any other team, its The 49ers.

It couldnt possibly come at a worse time because I think we can all agree that the Niners will be starting to peek. We cant afford there to be a stoppage because the team will definetly be coming into its own fully by next season.

On another note.....does anyone else think that DeMaurice Smith is an absolute joke? Why the hell was this guy chosen to run the NFLPA. Im going to put the full blame on that chump if there is a lock-out....I really wish Troy Vincent would have been selected.

Im thinking about starting a patition (sp) to get that clown out of office.
If there's a lockout someone will get stabbed baleed dat baby!
The NFL makes 8 billion dollars a year. There's too much money to be lost if there's a lockout.

[ Edited by 49erfoeva on Jun 14, 2010 at 22:24:24 ]
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
The NFL makes 8 billion dollars a year. There's too much money to be lost if there's a lockout.

I hope your right man. I'm planning on going to a game at the stick next season.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I know nobody really wants to talk about it, but if there is one team that wants a deal to be struck more then any other team, its The 49ers.

It couldnt possibly come at a worse time because I think we can all agree that the Niners will be starting to peek. We cant afford there to be a stoppage because the team will definetly be coming into its own fully by next season.

On another note.....does anyone else think that DeMaurice Smith is an absolute joke? Why the hell was this guy chosen to run the NFLPA. Im going to put the full blame on that chump if there is a lock-out....I really wish Troy Vincent would have been selected.

How is the Smith's fault at all? It's a lockout meaning the owners are locking out the players. This isn't a strike. The players aren't walking out, they aren't demanding anything. This is all the owners. A lot of it has to do with the fact that some owners are tired of sharing money with other owners. On top of that all the owners set it up so they could get there tv money up front thus they can sustain this lockout. The owners have been planning this for the last 2/3 years. Troy Vincent has been accused by player's agents of disclosing confidential information. you really think the players, or there agents want him in charge? So it basically came down to Smith and Trace Armstrong and the players committee picked Smith b/c of his skills with negotiations. The NFLPA is the softest and weakest union in all of sports. I think they voted on Smith b/c they wanted a tough real negotiator and not a puppet like Gene Upshaw. Smith has already said the players will agree to a rookie salary cap if the owners agree to spend that extra money on proven vets , but the owners said no deal. Only time will tell how well Smith does but none of this is his fault. It was all set in motion before he was elected. As of right now you need to be mad at the owners who want more money. Both sides are way too rich and have way too much to loose but it appears it's gonna happen. I think it will hurt the NFL b/c folks don't want to see billionaires arguing with millionaires.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
If there's a lockout someone will get stabbed baleed dat baby!
this
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

How is the Smith's fault at all? It's a lockout meaning the owners are locking out the players. This isn't a strike. The players aren't walking out, they aren't demanding anything. This is all the owners. A lot of it has to do with the fact that some owners are tired of sharing money with other owners. On top of that all the owners set it up so they could get there tv money up front thus they can sustain this lockout. The owners have been planning this for the last 2/3 years. Troy Vincent has been accused by player's agents of disclosing confidential information. you really think the players, or there agents want him in charge? So it basically came down to Smith and Trace Armstrong and the players committee picked Smith b/c of his skills with negotiations. The NFLPA is the softest and weakest union in all of sports. I think they voted on Smith b/c they wanted a tough real negotiator and not a puppet like Gene Upshaw. Smith has already said the players will agree to a rookie salary cap if the owners agree to spend that extra money on proven vets , but the owners said no deal. Only time will tell how well Smith does but none of this is his fault. It was all set in motion before he was elected. As of right now you need to be mad at the owners who want more money. Both sides are way too rich and have way too much to loose but it appears it's gonna happen. I think it will hurt the NFL b/c folks don't want to see billionaires arguing with millionaires.

Its Smiths fault because he is no where near qualified for the job......
What drives me crazy is everyone always giving the vote of confidence for a lockout. "this will happen....80% chance...yada yada." People should be stating how bad it would be for the game. I hope they agree, a lockout would suck bad.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
What drives me crazy is everyone always giving the vote of confidence for a lockout. "this will happen....80% chance...yada yada." People should be stating how bad it would be for the game. I hope they agree, a lockout would suck bad.

Imagine what would happen to Niner Talk with a perpetual offseason.
The *owners* aren't afraid of a lockout because the TV contracts are guaranteed whether there is a strike or not.

The current legal move by the NFLPA is to keep that money out of the hands of the owners and keep it safe in escrow.

[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Jun 16, 2010 at 11:14:57 ]

I hope this gets settled, because I am not watching "scab football" again
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Oh man that it would get so bad. We would have a thread counting down the days until football is back (only 697 days) and threads talking about trading our equipment manager, changing the type of soap offered in the locker rooms, trading our practice squad players for other team's practice squad players. It would get pretty brutal. That's if the season went well. Just imagine if the season ends badly... it would be even worse.

Anyways, 8 billion dollars and they can't share it... heads would roll including Goodell if they can't get it worked out. This isn't hockey, no need for a lockout.
I suggest some sponsors on every teams' jerseys.

That could help somewhat.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Share 49ersWebzone