LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Just a thought...agree or disagree?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Just a thought...agree or disagree?

If Alex Smith did not take a pay cut, and the niners released him, would we of gotten McNabb this offseason in a trade instead of the Skins? I think Yes.

However i think even if we did get him, he would do a little better than Alex but in 2 or 3 years we would be looking for a new qb when he retired. Alex did almost as good last year with worse wr's and O Line (2 factors which really help a qb) so with about the same level of talent, i believe Alex will do better production wise this year than McNabb would of.

What do you think?
you know, honestly, with or without smith, i dont think the niners were very high on mcnabb. i have no facts to back that up, but thats the feeling i get.
Originally posted by elguapo:
If Alex Smith did not take a pay cut, and the niners released him, would we of gotten McNabb this offseason in a trade instead of the Skins? I think Yes.

However i think even if we did get him, he would do a little better than Alex but in 2 or 3 years we would be looking for a new qb when he retired. Alex did almost as good last year with worse wr's and O Line (2 factors which really help a qb) so with about the same level of talent, i believe Alex will do better production wise this year than McNabb would of.

What do you think?

This is pure speculation.

Would they have selected Josh Freeman at 10 instead? Traded for Matt Cassel?

I believe Mike Singletary's interest in acquiring McNabb wasn't based on the presence of Alex Smith, but of McNabb's history in the West Coast Offense and how well he would transition to Raye's playbook.

Most of Donovan McNabb's successes can be directly linked to Andy Reid. Reid drafted him and made him into the Quarterback he is today.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by elguapo:

What do you think?

This is pure speculation.

Would they have selected Josh Freeman at 10 instead? Traded for Matt Cassel?

I believe Mike Singletary's interest in acquiring McNabb wasn't based on the presence of Alex Smith, but of McNabb's history in the West Coast Offense and how well he would transition to Raye's playbook.

Most of Donovan McNabb's successes can be directly linked to Andy Reid. Reid drafted him and made him into the Quarterback he is today.

i think good coaches tend to have that effect on players
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Originally posted by Allx9er:

internet meme + picture =/= wit. Thanks for your contribution, red.

Personally, I don't think we would have pursued McNabb for the examples mentioned prior. McNabb flourished as an understudy in Reid's system and the tools provided around him; a lot of people speculated that McNabb's transition to a new system wouldn't necessarily be a smooth one.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

No problem, kiddo.

Also, ≠. Learn how to internet.
No cause we are going after Brady
Uh....................what was the question?

If my Grandma had balls, she would have been my Grandpa.
Who cares.... we'll never know.

Personally I find these sort of threads stupid. Any answers are based on speculation and conjecture and in the end it doesn't matter because that's not how it went down.

No problem, kiddo.

this is getting good!

No problem, kiddo.

WTF! Explain please.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Who cares.... we'll never know.

Personally I find these sort of threads stupid. Any answers are based on speculation and conjecture and in the end it doesn't matter because that's not how it went down.

How long before training camp starts???
Share 49ersWebzone