There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Raiders want refund from Jamarcus.

May Al will get lucky and score a judge who is a Raider.
LMAO at this thread
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
LMAO at this thread
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kingairta:
Alex took a pay cut.

Russell held out for money that he never intended to earn. As a result Oakland wants it's money back.

That right there keeps Alex in a league above Russell.

Alex did show growth with Turner.

Alex did show promise when able to run a spread offense.

Russell will never suit up for an NFL game again.

Alex may not become a great or good QB but he will have a long career as at least a #2.

I hope no team signs Russell to teach his ass a lesson, football first, money second......BIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex took a pay cut.

Russell held out for money that he never intended to earn. As a result Oakland wants it's money back.

That right there keeps Alex in a league above Russell.

Alex did show growth with Turner.

Alex did show promise when able to run a spread offense.

Russell will never suit up for an NFL game again.

Alex may not become a great or good QB but he will have a long career as at least a #2.

I hope no team signs Russell to teach his ass a lesson, football first, money second......BIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!

lol russell is going to be a joke forever.
LOL What the f**k did they think they were getting themselves into when they drafted him? They drafted him under the conditions he would play on the team, not get in trouble with the law etc., and stay healthy. He did all that. He just didn't try that hard or be good. But what do you expect the guy to do, say "no I don't deserve all this money, I don't want that much money, I want less money". Of course he's going to take the money, it's their fault for picking that guy with the number 1 pick which comes with a huge salary. You guys can say "I hope no team signs him to teach his dumb ass a lesson", and at the same time you should say "I hope the Raiders don't get their money back to teach Al's dumb ass a lesson". s**t even my cousin who is a raiders fan agreed with me! They just should've picked Calvin J and this wouldn't be a problem.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
LOL What the f**k did they think they were getting themselves into when they drafted him? They drafted him under the conditions he would play on the team, not get in trouble with the law etc., and stay healthy. He did all that. He just didn't try that hard or be good. But what do you expect the guy to do, say "no I don't deserve all this money, I don't want that much money, I want less money". Of course he's going to take the money, it's their fault for picking that guy with the number 1 pick which comes with a huge salary. You guys can say "I hope no team signs him to teach his dumb ass a lesson", and at the same time you should say "I hope the Raiders don't get their money back to teach Al's dumb ass a lesson". s**t even my cousin who is a raiders fan agreed with me! They just should've picked Calvin J and this wouldn't be a problem.

Oh, there's no need to bag on the Raiders, we all knew they were dumbasses for drafting him, nuff said. I just can't stand the attitude from Russell, with all the interviews and media hes shown. But yah, if it makes you feel better I agree, Al Davis and the Raiders shouldn't see a dime in what they gave him, because in the end they gave him that money.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Oh, there's no need to bag on the Raiders, we all knew they were dumbasses for drafting him, nuff said. I just can't stand the attitude from Russell, with all the interviews and media hes shown. But yah, if it makes you feel better I agree, Al Davis and the Raiders shouldn't see a dime in what they gave him, because in the end they gave him that money.

Yup. The end game is pretty much both sides screwed up. And I laughed my ass off when Al Davis said "Jamarcus Russle is great football playor! Lane Kiffin r liar!" and now he's trying to sue him to get his money back. That dude sues everyone, I mean damn!
One contest when you want both sides to lose.
they will have to negotiate with McDonalds bc that is where all his money went
I'm sure there is a clause in the contract that stipulates Russell will stay in shape etc etc and from the way he let him self go and no drive to improve basically put him in breach of contract or some such.
I'm sure there is a clause in the contract that stipulates Russell will stay in shape etc etc and from the way he let him self go and no drive to improve basically put him in breach of contract or some such.

I don't think "staying in shape" would be a legally enforceable concept. Nor would trying to play, or caring about the game.

I think this is just Al throwing the toys. Bets it will never actually get to court?
Hopefully Russell isn't currently doing an Eddy Curry with his money.
I hate the Raiders as much as I hate the Cowboys. Yet, for some strange reason, I actually hope the Raiders get every single penny of that $9+ mil. they're claiming. It'll teach high draft picks that if you don't perform, don't put effort, etc. you will get released and the team who mistakenly drafted you will get some of their money back. This is why the rookie salary cap needs to be implemented ASAP. Of course, it complicates things when an uncapped year seems likely with every passing day.