Originally posted by luv49rs:
I hate how any Russell thread turns into a Smith vs Russell thread
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
he is the posterboy for utter failure

People here complain about Alex LOL. There is actually some question if Leaf or Russell is the bigger bust. To be put in the Leaf category is just incredible.

I don't know guys, some of you are setting yourselves up to look real foolish.

If Alex fails yet again. Alex Smith and Russell will be right back on equal status.

This could very well end up as a situation where the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers both drafted horrible busts...and the Raiders were the only ones smart enough to cut their losses quickly.

Alex Smith's busthood is not out of the woods yet

First of all the bolded will never happen.

And I would rather be the guy who tries to have a positive outlook concerning a particular player on my team than be the guy who self prognosticates failure every year and is proud of it.

OK then.

yeah JaMarcus sucks man. The Raiders are dumbasses. Ha hA point and laugh at them.

GO NINERS. Alex Smith Rules. Whoo Hoo.

wow

LOL. E for Effort huh. s**t, that starts to loose meaning in Pop Warner

so effort counts for nothing in your world huh? again, wow.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on May 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM ]

People here complain about Alex LOL. There is actually some question if Leaf or Russell is the bigger bust. To be put in the Leaf category is just incredible.

Here is the first mention of Alex.

In my observations, it is usually the supporters who bring it up.

I don't know guys, some of you are setting yourselves up to look real foolish.

If Alex fails yet again. Alex Smith and Russell will be right back on equal status.

This could very well end up as a situation where the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers both drafted horrible busts...and the Raiders were the only ones smart enough to cut their losses quickly.

Alex Smith's busthood is not out of the woods yet

First of all the bolded will never happen.

And I would rather be the guy who tries to have a positive outlook concerning a particular player on my team than be the guy who self prognosticates failure every year and is proud of it.

OK then.

yeah JaMarcus sucks man. The Raiders are dumbasses. Ha hA point and laugh at them.

GO NINERS. Alex Smith Rules. Whoo Hoo.

wow

LOL. E for Effort huh. s**t, that starts to loose meaning in Pop Warner

so effort counts for nothing in your world huh? again, wow.

In my world effort counts for a lot.

You do realize the difference between yours and mine world and the NFL don't you?

Kids with great effort can't make the starting squad in pop warner
In high school they are cut
Most high school players don't make college programs, despite tremondous effort
Most college players don't make the NFL
Many NFL players don't last long

We are talking about the highest level of a COMPETITIVE SPORT. My point is....Effort doesn't count for a whole lot on this stage.

90% of 49er fans understood this. All up until the point where our franchise QB's biggest contribute was his effort. Then suddenly many Niner fans conveniently forgot

To imply we shouldn't complain about ANY player because someone else is worse is just ridiculous. We shouldn't accept mediocrity just because another team may have the worst draft pick in NFL history.
They have as much of a chance of getting that money back, as Tila Tequila getting her virginity back.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
They have as much of a chance of getting that money back, as Tila Tequila getting her virginity back.

Alex took a pay cut.

Russell held out for money that he never intended to earn. As a result Oakland wants it's money back.

That right there keeps Alex in a league above Russell.

Alex did show growth with Turner.

Alex did show promise when able to run a spread offense.

Russell will never suit up for an NFL game again.

Alex may not become a great or good QB but he will have a long career as at least a #2.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Alex took a pay cut.

Russell held out for money that he never intended to earn. As a result Oakland wants it's money back.

Alex may not become a great or good QB but he will have a long career as at least a #2.
Alex took a pay cut.

Alex took a pay cut.

Alex may be a bust in some terms, but he's not in Russell's league. Smith does still have promise and at the very least will be a solid #2. J. Russell might be the biggest bust in NFL history.
and people in hell want ice water
Alex Smith doesn't eat half of the staff and catering food in the back.

advantage Smith.
Al Davis is a tightwad!