There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Raiders want refund from Jamarcus.

Raiders file grievance against Russell

The Oakland Raiders have filed a grievance against former quarterback JaMarcus Russell(notes) seeking repayment of $9.55 million, the team confirmed Thursday.

The grievance is based on the contention by the Raiders that the contract was changed at one point during Russell’s three-year stint with the organization and that he’s not allowed to keep all of the money he had collected prior to his May 7 release. Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft, was guaranteed $32 million as part of a six-year contract reportedly worth $68 million.

“We have filed a grievance against JaMarcus Russell and that’s all we’re going to say at this time,” Raiders attorney Jeff Birren said.

Part of the guaranteed $32 million was originally in the form of salary advances for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons. A portion of those salaries is in question, according to the grievance.

“The money in question was fully guaranteed. That is why JaMarcus was forced to hold out and miss all of training camp as a rookie,” Metz said. “The Raiders know that and this is our only comment.”

Russell will be represented in the grievance by the NFL Players Association.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-russellgrievance052710
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM ]
he is the posterboy for utter failure
All of Russell's family and posse are scrambling to change their numbers and run off with any money "borrowed" or gifts given.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Raiders file grievance against Russell

The Oakland Raiders have filed a grievance against former quarterback JaMarcus Russell(notes) seeking repayment of $9.55 million, the team confirmed Thursday.

The grievance is based on the contention by the Raiders that the contract was changed at one point during Russell’s three-year stint with the organization and that he’s not allowed to keep all of the money he had collected prior to his May 7 release. Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft, was guaranteed $32 million as part of a six-year contract reportedly worth $68 million.

“We have filed a grievance against JaMarcus Russell and that’s all we’re going to say at this time,” Raiders attorney Jeff Birren said.

Part of the guaranteed $32 million was originally in the form of salary advances for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons. A portion of those salaries is in question, according to the grievance.

“The money in question was fully guaranteed. That is why JaMarcus was forced to hold out and miss all of training camp as a rookie,” Metz said. “The Raiders know that and this is our only comment.”

Russell will be represented in the grievance by the NFL Players Association.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-russellgrievance052710
I don't think he should give anything back.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't think he should give anything back.

Oh he won't give it back, but it may be taketh away.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

People here complain about Alex LOL. There is actually some question if Leaf or Russell is the bigger bust. To be put in the Leaf category is just incredible.

People here complain about Alex LOL. There is actually some question if Leaf or Russell is the bigger bust. To be put in the Leaf category is just incredible.

On the plus side Russell only wasted 3 years of Raider fan life while Alex might go beyond a decade at this rate.

I don't know guys, some of you are setting yourselves up to look real foolish.

If Alex fails yet again. Alex Smith and Russell will be right back on equal status.

This could very well end up as a situation where the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers both drafted horrible busts...and the Raiders were the only ones smart enough to cut their losses quickly.

Alex Smith's busthood is not out of the woods yet

a chargers fan is a buddy of mine and I remember him being stoked that Manning went #1, and he thought at the time it was a good trade to move up and get Leaf.

He doesn't talk football with me anymore.
Originally posted by danimal:

If Alex fails yet again. Alex Smith and Russell will be right back on equal status.

This could very well end up as a situation where the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers both drafted horrible busts...and the Raiders were the only ones smart enough to cut their losses quickly.

The difference is Alex actually tries and actually cares. Could you say the same about Leaf or Russell? I didn't think so. And he doesn't go to Vegas when they have a team meeting. There is no comparison at all.

Plus Alex actually regained his starting job. Can you say the same about Russell or Leaf?

You are not comparing apples to apples.

The difference is Alex actually tries and actually cares. Could you say the same about Leaf or Russell? I didn't think so. And he doesn't go to Vegas when they have a team meeting. There is no comparison at all.

Plus Alex actually regained his starting job. Can you say the same about Russell or Leaf?

LOL. E for Effort huh. s**t, that starts to loose meaning in Pop Warner

Return on Investment is the primary basis for ranking busts. Not this juvenile thought about Alex's great attitude and work ethic.

Again, IF, mind you I am saying IF, If Alex Sucks again, he will go down as one of the top busts in history.

Being in the top 10 in a list like that, is much more meaningful than how one would order that top 10, which is largely meaningless

LOL. E for Effort huh. s**t, that starts to loose meaning in Pop Warner

Return on Investment is the primary basis for ranking busts. Not this juvenile thought about Alex's great attitude and work ethic.

Again, IF, mind you I am saying IF, If Alex Sucks again, he will go down as one of the top busts in history.

Being in the top 10 in a list like that, is much more meaningful than how one would order that top 10, which is largely meaningless

1) He's not as big of a bust as Russell or Leaf no matter what happens. Attitude does matter and those 2 didn't care.

2) You have never seen him play in the same system 2 years in a row. So give him a chance.

3) He never had this good of a team around him so lets see what happens.

First of all the bolded will never happen.

And I would rather be the guy who tries to have a positive outlook concerning a particular player on my team than be the guy who self prognosticates failure every year and is proud of it.

First of all the bolded will never happen.

And I would rather be the guy who tries to have a positive outlook concerning a particular player on my team than be the guy who self prognosticates failure every year and is proud of it.

OK then.

yeah JaMarcus sucks man. The Raiders are dumbasses. Ha hA point and laugh at them.

GO NINERS. Alex Smith Rules. Whoo Hoo.