There are 179 users in the forums

Andre Johnson isn't happy with his contract

Shop 49ers game tickets
Andre Johnson negotiated his last deal by himself, using an uncle as an advisor. Saved himself three percent and cost himself 100 percent.

per schefter

[facepalm]
Originally posted by teeohh:
Andre Johnson negotiated his last deal by himself, using an uncle as an advisor. Saved himself three percent and cost himself 100 percent.

per schefter

[facepalm]

Wow. Good job there.

-9fA

per schefter

[facepalm]

Just to touch base with reality for a second:

Dude is being paid $60 million. How many folks do you know apart from Shaj who are bringing home that sort of dough?

And when you hear the "ah but they have to maximise their earnings, they only have a short career" BS! Like, how many lifetimes would you have to work to gross $60m?

And then they have the chance to set themselves up. Local celebrities, local business deals. Or they can invest part of their signing bonus to ensure they are set for life.

$crew Johnson. And all the other greedy players. And the greedy owners as well.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

per schefter

[facepalm]

lol
Originally posted by English:

Dude is being paid $60 million. How many folks do you know apart from Shaj who are bringing home that sort of dough?

And when you hear the "ah but they have to maximise their earnings, they only have a short career" BS! Like, how many lifetimes would you have to work to gross $60m?

And then they have the chance to set themselves up. Local celebrities, local business deals. Or they can invest part of their signing bonus to ensure they are set for life.

i agree with what you are saying but one argument i did with my friend(who is a plumber)

if you and him are both making 15 a hr to dig the hole, and you do twice as much work but make the same amount, are you going to complain about it? will you ask for more money?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
i agree with what you are saying but one argument i did with my friend(who is a plumber)

if you and him are both making 15 a hr to dig the hole, and you do twice as much work but make the same amount, are you going to complain about it? will you ask for more money?

Not if I've signed an agreement to dig that hole for a set number of months (or years).

Don't want to worry about possibly missing out on a higher paying job down the road? Don't lock yourself into something you can't renegotiate under law.
then he shouldn't have signed it.
These moron's are going to eventually be making $100 million a year at some point. Roger Goodell, go f**k yourself.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Not if I've signed an agreement to dig that hole for a set number of months (or years).

Don't want to worry about possibly missing out on a higher paying job down the road? Don't lock yourself into something you can't renegotiate under law.
I am waiting for some of these players to sign 3 yr deals so they can always get pad more.

Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
These moron's are going to eventually be making $100 million a year at some point. Roger Goodell, go f**k yourself.

lol

Oh I know these arguments. It's my soapbox and I apologise for firing it off.

I don't mind a guy getting good pay, particularly for good effort and hard work. But professional sportsmen now earn money out of all proportion to any damn thing. You can only compare them with lottery winners. Then one of them turns round and b1tches that his fortune isn't big enough and he things he "deserves" even more. And there are people dying of hunger and because they have no clean water.

Don't try to reason with me. On this subject I am beyond reason. I despise the shameless greed of these terminally selfish, shallow and self-centred people.

Scr€w them.

I don't mind a guy getting good pay, particularly for good effort and hard work. But professional sportsmen now earn money out of all proportion to any damn thing. You can only compare them with lottery winners. Then one of them turns round and b1tches that his fortune isn't big enough and he things he "deserves" even more. And there are people dying of hunger and because they have no clean water.

Don't try to reason with me. On this subject I am beyond reason. I despise the shameless greed of these terminally selfish, shallow and self-centred people.

Scr€w them.

Clearly you are beyond reason if you are using the "dying of hunger...clean water" routine. That's like saying that CEO's and Wall Street execs shouldn't get paid their salaries because some folks are poor. How bout singers??? actors & actresses?? Doctors, lawyers etc.... And you are really saying that if you became CEO of a Fortune 100 company and received a huge salary, that you would never re-negotiate your contract? For some reason it always seems like athletes are the only "overpaid" people in the world.
Originally posted by BobbyDrake:

Scr€w them.

Clearly you are beyond reason if you are using the "dying of hunger...clean water" routine. That's like saying that CEO's and Wall Street execs shouldn't get paid their salaries because some folks are poor. How bout singers??? actors & actresses?? Doctors, lawyers etc.... And you are really saying that if you became CEO of a Fortune 100 company and received a huge salary, that you would never re-negotiate your contract? For some reason it always seems like athletes are the only "overpaid" people in the world.

I am struggling to see where in my post I specifically exclude others. This thread is about overpaid sportsmen. Therefore that is what I reference. Clear enough IMO.
None of us are.
Share 49ersWebzone