LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Revis is is trying to get PAID

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Here's the link. yeah Awesomua got a 3 yr $45 million extension. Maybe Revis will ask for something around a 4yrs $80 million extension. I agree that they'll probably settle for around $17 or $18 per.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=173241

Revis is gonna get some serious $$$. Best CB in years imo.
Originally posted by jones49:
Here's the link. yeah Awesomua got a 3 yr $45 million extension. Maybe Revis will ask for something around a 4yrs $80 million extension. I agree that they'll probably settle for around $17 or $18 per.

Best CB since Prime Time. Awesomua is right up there too. And to think, Prime Time signed a "ground breaking" deal of 7yrs $35 million. Today that can't even buy you Dashon Goldson.

Best CB since Prime Time. Awesomua is right up there too. And to think, Prime Time signed a "ground breaking" deal of 7yrs $35 million. Today that can't even buy you Dashon Goldson.

no s**t huh?
[ Edited by HessianDud on May 16, 2010 at 11:04 PM ]

LOL

-9fA
heres why he isnt worth that kind of jack, hes great and shuts down these guys then ted ginn blows by him for a 40 yard td, when a corner screws up its a td, when a d-lineman screws up its less catastrophic
[ Edited by crabman82 on May 16, 2010 at 11:39 PM ]

I agree (maybe Champ Bailey could argue that). 7 yrs $35 mil lol. Maybe 7 yrs $135 mil.
Yikes, one twisted ankle, ruptured Achilles, blown out knee...and it's sayonara 20 million. Imagine tying up that much money in a single player. I don't think that's a smart investment, even if it's Revis. The Jets' payroll could be in the Dark Ages for a long time if Revis has a serious injury.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Yikes, one twisted ankle, ruptured Achilles, blown out knee...and it's sayonara 20 million. Imagine tying up that much money in a single player. I don't think that's a smart investment, even if it's Revis. The Jets' payroll could be in the Dark Ages for a long time if Revis has a serious injury.

and with a serious injury Revis could be denied capitalizing on his worth in his professional field.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

and with a serious injury Revis could be denied capitalizing on his worth in his professional field.

I can empathize with a football player trying to make enough money off a deal so that they don't have to worry about losing their career money to an injury. But it's hard to be in a player's corner when they are being as greedy as Revis apparently is.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I can empathize with a football player trying to make enough money off a deal so that they don't have to worry about losing their career money to an injury. But it's hard to be in a player's corner when they are being as greedy as Revis apparently is.

it doesn't seem greedy to me. like i said earlier in this thread, Asomugha makes a little over 15 million. Revis is arguably better, or at least as good, and is the premier player on one of the "hottest" teams in the biggest market in the league. He won't get 20, but he'll get 17, and he's worth it.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

Thats so crazy dude..
Originally posted by crabman82:
heres why he isnt worth that kind of jack, hes great and shuts down these guys then ted ginn blows by him for a 40 yard td, when a corner screws up its a td, when a d-lineman screws up its less catastrophic

One play here and there, yea... but Darelle Revis absolutely shut down the BEST wide receivers in the entire league. It's not like it's called "Revis Island" for nothing. He would be worth every single penny unless he stops playing hard after getting paid. He had huge picks in the playoffs and stopped their WRs in all of the games.
Shutdown corners mentioned to be the next D. Sanders:

C. Bailey
N. Asomugha
D. Revis

I even remember Clements' name mentioned when we first signed him. I wonder how long Revis will last until the next "shutdown" corner appears outta nowhere.

Anyway, he doesn't deserve that kinda money. But if he does get close to that asking price and if it's during capped years, I hope it keeps that stupid Jets team from signing more big players. I still hold a grudge against them for being accused as one of two teams that tampered with Crabtree.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on May 18, 2010 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I know it's ridiculous and highly unlikely, but I'm thinking if this league ever goes uncapped, the baseball-esque contracts will start happening in football. If this is true, the stingy Yorks will have trouble keeping up with the rest of the league.

I dont think those will ever happen in football. Its too much of a team game.

One player in football cant dominate like one player can is baseball.

I don't know if I agree with that, name 1 baseball player that was able to win a championship on a bad team. A-Rod would still be looking for a ring if he hadn't sold his soul and signed with the billion dollar Yankees.

Not to mention you can just pitch around him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I'm not sure if even Revis Island is worth this much if this report is true. But I guess it's a good starting point for the negotiation.

The link isn't working but Rotoworld is reporting via Michael Lombardi that Revis is asking for $20 million per year. I'm not sure but that would probably make Revis the highest paid player in the league.

revis isnt worth 20 million a year

yeah that's ridiculous

Only a franchise QB is worth that. No way a CB deserves that kind of money.
Share 49ersWebzone