There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Revis is is trying to get PAID

I'm not sure if even Revis Island is worth this much if this report is true. But I guess it's a good starting point for the negotiation.

The link isn't working but Rotoworld is reporting via Michael Lombardi that Revis is asking for $20 million per year. I'm not sure but that would probably make Revis the highest paid player in the league.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I'm not sure if even Revis Island is worth this much if this report is true. But I guess it's a good starting point for the negotiation.

The link isn't working but Rotoworld is reporting via Michael Lombardi that Revis is asking for $20 million per year. I'm not sure but that would probably make Revis the highest paid player in the league.

revis isnt worth 20 million a year
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

revis isnt worth 20 million a year

yeah that's ridiculous
I know it's ridiculous and highly unlikely, but I'm thinking if this league ever goes uncapped, the baseball-esque contracts will start happening in football. If this is true, the stingy Yorks will have trouble keeping up with the rest of the league.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I know it's ridiculous and highly unlikely, but I'm thinking if this league ever goes uncapped, the baseball-esque contracts will start happening in football. If this is true, the stingy Yorks will have trouble keeping up with the rest of the league.

I dont think those will ever happen in football. Its too much of a team game.

One player in football cant dominate like one player can is baseball.

Really? I think one player can make a gigantic difference -- a difference people are willing to drop bank on. I mean, baseball is still a team game. Pujols has a cast, A-Rod has a cast, Howard has a cast, you know? Okay maybe not like 250 million, but 20 mil/yr is possible. Like 5 yr/$100 mil type deals. I mean Haynesworth signed for $100 mil and it's a capped system. I really don't believe that owners WON'T be willing to dish that kind of cash at the elite players. The Cowboys will become the Yankees of the NFL if it becomes uncapped
[ Edited by chico49erfan on May 16, 2010 at 2:54 PM ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

I don't know if I agree with that, name 1 baseball player that was able to win a championship on a bad team. A-Rod would still be looking for a ring if he hadn't sold his soul and signed with the billion dollar Yankees.
as he should be. ask those whom have been on revis island. it's no vacation on that island.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
as he should be. ask those whom have been on revis island. it's no vacation on that island.

20 mil a year? thats ridiculous

only 1 nfl player is worth that much and his name is peyton manning
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I disagree to an extent. I think CB is one of the hardest position to find supreme, elite talent like that of Darelle Revis. Nobody, and I mean nobody, shuts down WRs like this dude does. He absolutely destroys the best of the best WRs (Randy Moss, Andre Johnson just as example). He is the second coming of Deion Sanders. I agree that $20 mil/yr is ridiculous but I wouldn't be surprised if they dish him over $10 mil/yr easy. I bet he signs for $13-15 million a year.
Originally posted by Esco:

I don't know if I agree with that, name 1 baseball player that was able to win a championship on a bad team. A-Rod would still be looking for a ring if he hadn't sold his soul and signed with the billion dollar Yankees.

Barry Bon...........oh wait nevermind, they lost. They were close though!
Good. I won't feel so bad about the Nate contract.

I disagree to an extent. I think CB is one of the hardest position to find supreme, elite talent like that of Darelle Revis. Nobody, and I mean nobody, shuts down WRs like this dude does. He absolutely destroys the best of the best WRs (Randy Moss, Andre Johnson just as example). He is the second coming of Deion Sanders. I agree that $20 mil/yr is ridiculous but I wouldn't be surprised if they dish him over $10 mil/yr easy. I bet he signs for $13-15 million a year.

Asomugha makes about 15 mill a year, so I won't be surprised if Revis nets that much or a little more. 20 would be about 4 million more than anybody else in the league makes, so I don't see it happening, but I think 15-17 seems likely.
[ Edited by HessianDud on May 16, 2010 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Asomugha makes about 15 mill a year, so I won't be surprised if Revis nets that much or a little more. 20 would be about 4 million more than anybody else in the league makes, so I don't see it happening, but I think 15-17 seems likely.

Good lookin -- I wasn't sure what Asomugha made and I was too lazy to look it up. The more I think about the huge contracts for franchise players that have been surfacing over the past two years, the more likely we'll see $150-200 million dollar long-term deals if/when the NFL becomes uncapped. Craziness!
Here's the link. yeah Awesomua got a 3 yr $45 million extension. Maybe Revis will ask for something around a 4yrs $80 million extension. I agree that they'll probably settle for around $17 or $18 per.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=173241