There are 278 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Matt Leinart lead the Cardinals to contend or not

Will Matt Leinart lead the Cardinals to contend or not

I predict a very frustrating year for Fitz. He'll be asking to be traded by the end of the season.
We beat them when they had all the stars you listed. Fitz always has to be accounted for. Breaston is average, and they do not have any threats beyond that which Manusc will plan for. Leinart will recieve special treatment for disrespecting Our Beloved Team. He will spend allot of time either on his back, or running for his life. I cannot wait to see it!
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
We beat them when they had all the stars you listed. Fitz always has to be accounted for. Breaston is average, and they do not have any threats beyond that which Manusc will plan for. Leinart will recieve special treatment for disrespecting Our Beloved Team. He will spend allot of time either on his back, or running for his life. I cannot wait to see it!

What made Warner so good was his poise, there could be hell on earth all around him and he would still stand up in the pocket for as long as possible. Leinart really doesnt scare me at all.
No he will not. Leinart may catch on late in the season but by that time it will be too late.
Well according to this article, i guess Leinart has some work to do (scroll down to the quick slants for the Cardinals bit):

Cardinals considering Bulger
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Define contend, if you mean contend for a Super Bowl, the answer would be NO! I think the ceiling on him will be an average QB. Contend for a division title in the weak NFC west, that is possible.
I wouldn't say it would be entirely up to Matt, but whether or not that team will believe in him/hoist him onto their shoulders as their leader. Cards fans have told me that a lot of players on that team really despise Matt, and when Warner came in (and performed) they literally debased Leinart to 'towel' boy 'respect'.

Oh, and it's going to be a rough year for that entire offense (they're transitioning into a mid-00's Steelers system), and that team has no legit 'one-two' punch "separation" anymore (where we saw naked-slot receivers looking like pros in the playoffs). Hell, Leinart could barely beat the Rams last season, even when Matt had Boldin in sub-par condition!

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

What made Warner so good was his poise, there could be hell on earth all around him and he would still stand up in the pocket for as long as possible. Leinart really doesnt scare me at all.

Yeah, and Warner's accuracy was practically comparable to Steve Young, and Otto Graham. Kurt tormented the NFC West (practically throughout this entire decade) in passing accuracy, TDs, and Yards.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jun 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I predict a very frustrating year for Fitz. He'll be asking to be traded by the end of the season.

god i hope you're right! that would be amazing. Fitz is the only player in our division that can legitimately challenge PWillis as the best player in the NFCwest
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I wouldn't say it would be entirely up to Matt, but whether or not that team will believe in him/hoist him onto their shoulders as their leader. Cards fans have told me that a lot of players on that team really despise Matt, and when Warner came in (and performed) they literally debased Leinart to 'towel' boy 'respect'.

Oh, and it's going to be a rough year for that entire offense (they're transitioning into a mid-00's Steelers system), and that team has no legit 'one-two' punch "separation" anymore (where we saw naked-slot receivers looking like pros in the playoffs). Hell, Leinart could barely beat the Rams last season, even when Matt had Boldin in sub-par condition!

Yeah, and Warner's accuracy was practically comparable to Steve Young, and Otto Graham. Kurt tormented the NFC West (practically throughout this entire decade) in passing accuracy, TDs, and Yards.

According to the phoenix media (obviously biased) leinart looks "the best of his career". hmm sounds familiar.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

According to the phoenix media (obviously biased) leinart looks "the best of his career". hmm sounds familiar.

cool! He's the shiniest turd in the bowl.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

cool! He's the shiniest turd in the bowl.

one can polish a turd but in the end it's still a left handed turd.
I doubt it. He looked terrible in the limited playing time he received last year. But who knows, maybe a whole offseason with the team might help.
Plus the Cardinals probably will rely more on their run game than their pass game now. Not just because of the loss of Warner, but losing Boldin will also be big.
He will be benched by end of the year
Leinert has started 17 games in his career. He has thrown 20 career interceptions. That is not a good start. AZ totally changed their philosphy on offense when Warner retired and this new offense seems to fit Leinert's skills better. They will center the offense around Wells and hightower and run playaction to get Fitzgerald plays down the field. I think Fitzs numbers are gonna be down because of this and this philosophy plays into the hands of the 49ers defense which is very good against the run and would be able to roll coverage to Fitz. I also think teams outside the division are going to find it easier to handle the Cards as well. I think they will go 8-8 or 9-7 at best with Leinert. I dont think they make a play for Bulger unless one of the QBs gets hurt in camp.
Yes, but they won't win the west. They've lost too many key players. Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, Warner... etc