There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Matt Leinart lead the Cardinals to contend or not

Will Matt Leinart lead the Cardinals to contend or not

they will compete with the Seahawks for second place.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
they will compete with the Seahawks for second place.
[ Edited by valrod33 on May 16, 2010 at 8:30 PM ]
contend for the 1st overall pick in the draft
I think Leinert's best bet at success will be a reality show.
Fitz and their Oline is the key.
F**k NO.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by strickac:
Beanie Wells should have a much better season. He'll help take the load off Leinart.

He excelled last year because he had Warner as his qb. This year with everybody stacking the box because no one is afraid of Leinart were going to find out how good he really is.

Not to mention they lost Boldin to the Ravens, which eases the threat of dual elite WRs. Breaston is decent but he seems to just be good in the slot and Doucet was looking pretty good, but neither of them are Boldin.

They didn't even miss a beat when Boldin sat out. Their passing game will certainly take a hit without Warner, but that offense will still move the ball. They have a lot of weapons. Thankfully though, they are no longer an elite offense. If Beanie can get his fumbling under control, I expect that he'll have a breakout year. I'm not too worried about it. They're going backwards, while we're steadily improving.

The division is ours to lose.
The cardinals should be contenders regardless of who's playing QB. They did lose a lot of pieces but they still have a great wr corp, improving running game, and good defense.

They also have the easiest schedule next year. Should be 8-8. Therefore, contending
No, they will contend in spite of him.
He will have a good season. Not Kurt Warner like, but good.
Leinart reminds me of Dorsey, successful in college because they're surrounded by talent, but can't cut it in the NFL. Differences?

1) Dorsey was what...7th rd pick and Leinart was a Top 10 pick.
2) Dorsey was never surrounded by talent nor was he that talented anyway. Leinart had both Boldin and Fitz and still managed to throw more INTs and zero TDs last season when Warner was out.

He's a semi-bust now and this season will further prove he's a below average QB that was more hype than actual talent. I think his former coach Carroll will easily find ways to defeat him and the Cards. Hint: 8-men in the box and plenty of blitz packages.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on May 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM ]
With Wells and Hightower becoming the linchpin in their offense, even Shaun Hill would have a chance as a Cardinal. Luckily, we have Willis to stifle any attempt to gain 3.

I think the pressure will destroy Leinart's ability to play and Derek Anderson will be the new Jake Delhomme.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Yes.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Leinart reminds me of Dorsey, successful in college because they're surrounded by talent, but can't cut it in the NFL. Differences?

1) Dorsey was what...7th rd pick and Leinart was a Top 10 pick.
2) Dorsey was never surrounded by talent nor was he that talented anyway. Leinart had both Boldin and Fitz and still managed to throw more INTs and zero TDs last season when Warner was out.

He's a semi-bust now and this season will further prove he's a below average QB that was more hype than actual talent. I think his former coach Carroll will easily find ways to defeat him and the Cards. Hint: 8-men in the box and plenty of blitz packages.

Seriously, he threw 0 TDs to 3 INTs last year
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by strickac:
Beanie Wells should have a much better season. He'll help take the load off Leinart.

He excelled last year because he had Warner as his qb. This year with everybody stacking the box because no one is afraid of Leinart were going to find out how good he really is.

Teams aren't going to stack the box with Larry Fitzgerald out there. If Larry is being covered 1-1 Leinart is still going to toss the ball up for grabs.

Teams won't fear Leinart but they will fear Fitzgerald.