There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Samoan 49ers

"Talofa" to all the Samoan Bro's
I'd trade em all for Palomalu
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Im jus as surprised that they didn't know who Sapolou was.


Do you know who Bubba Paris, or Randy Cross is?

BP-had weight issues but played tackle at least didn't tank like Kwame, Cross guard then center.

did u wikipedia that? lol

wikipedia!!! Don't need no stinkin wikipedia!
I'm a fan who had to suffer thru the Joe Thomas debacle then Monte Clark fiasco . Do you know who the niner centers were during there superbowl years?

You meant Monte Clark then Joe Thomas, right? Was it Ayers, Cross and Sapolou?

my bad should have used and because they are tied together, Eddie's one bad er first bad mistake (other being the casino).

Anyway Quinlan, Cross then Sapolu.

So can anyone name the starting linemen on the 1st SB winning team?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Question:

Back in the Montana days, wasnt one of his linemen Samoan or Polynesian? Centre I believe.

I remember watching footage of Montana and some Polynesian guy taking snaps with Bill Walsh. They were going through QB drills and telling the viewers the process Montana would go through.

Jesse Sapolu?

who the hell is that





Dude thats a crazy question..........

Jesse played center and guard for the Niners back in the day. If Iupati is half the lineman that Sapolu was, he will be awesome. Jesse Sapolu played with Montana and helped the Niners win SB's. He is a 49er legend...........
[ Edited by kemp_j on May 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Im jus as surprised that they didn't know who Sapolou was.


Do you know who Bubba Paris, or Randy Cross is?

BP-had weight issues but played tackle at least didn't tank like Kwame, Cross guard then center.

did u wikipedia that? lol

wikipedia!!! Don't need no stinkin wikipedia!
I'm a fan who had to suffer thru the Joe Thomas debacle then Monte Clark fiasco . Do you know who the niner centers were during there superbowl years?

You meant Monte Clark then Joe Thomas, right? Was it Ayers, Cross and Sapolou?

my bad should have used and because they are tied together, Eddie's one bad er first bad mistake (other being the casino).

Anyway Quinlan, Cross then Sapolu.

So can anyone name the starting linemen on the 1st SB winning team?

And you forgot about Lombardi #5 - Oates. Sapolu was asked to switch to guard. Oates was a free agent from the Giants.

Yes I remember electric football and the vibrating field/board before Sega - let's go waaaaay back - before the Commodore64.
[ Edited by NinerGM on May 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
I don't know about all that.

I have never met a smart Samoan.

Now that's just racist. Bad joke man, bad joke.
Lol
Originally posted by afakasix:
Originally posted by susweel:
I don't know about all that.

I have never met a smart Samoan.

Now that's just racist. Bad joke man, bad joke.

you don't have to create a new account and bump ancient threads just to badmouth sus, we do it all the time
[ Edited by ninermedic on Sep 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM ]
This thread is depresesing

Half of you know nothing of the great Jesse Sapolu


Originally posted by zillabeast:
This thread is depresesing

Half of you know nothing of the great Jesse Sapolu



One of my all time favourite Niners.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I have lost all respect for Niner Talk!

You so-called fans don't know who Jesse Sapolu was?

(Not talking about modninerfan - he's being sarcastic).





LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It's like not knowing who Keena Turner was or Kevin f*gan or Harris Barton or Charles Haley.



Wow.

Just wow.

This IS 49ers Webzone FAN FORUM right????

Get used to it NinerGM. Keena, f*gan, Haley, Jesse all played quite a while ago now - 20 years or so. I think most of the posters are pretty young. I remember Frank Nunley, Dave Wilcox, John Brodie, Ted Kwalick, all the way back to Billy Wilson and Bruce Bosley, for Christ's sake. You just have a little more history and knowledge than most here. Also, hate to say this, but you're not getting any younger. Don't worry about it though.



This is why Alex Smith is treated like a Hall of Famer by the young 49er fans

They know nothing of true greatness

Thankfully, Kaepernick is here to fix that, and erase those grim memories
Ive read up on Jesse Sapolu. The guys all heart.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM ]