There are 174 users in the forums

Samoan 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I have lost all respect for Niner Talk!

You so-called fans don't know who Jesse Sapolu was?

(Not talking about modninerfan - he's being sarcastic).

LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It's like not knowing who Keena Turner was or Kevin f*gan or Harris Barton or Charles Haley.

Wow.

Just wow.

This IS 49ers Webzone FAN FORUM right????

Get used to it NinerGM. Keena, f*gan, Haley, Jesse all played quite a while ago now - 20 years or so. I think most of the posters are pretty young. I remember Frank Nunley, Dave Wilcox, John Brodie, Ted Kwalick, all the way back to Billy Wilson and Bruce Bosley, for Christ's sake. You just have a little more history and knowledge than most here. Also, hate to say this, but you're not getting any younger. Don't worry about it though.

LOL! I understand this very much but everyone is so eager to say "Joe Montana was the greatest" and they don't even know how snapped Montana (and Young) the ball when they were arguably at their best. It's just so .... so.... wrong.

Hahaha! Okay name the three niner centers during their 5 super bowl runs?

Do you remember electric football before there was Madden football?

Billy Wilson? I know who he is, but never got to see him play, he is before my time!
Im jus as surprised that they didn't know who Sapolou was.

Do you know who Bubba Paris, or Randy Cross is?
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:

BP-had weight issues but played tackle at least didn't tank like Kwame, Cross guard then center.
Originally posted by WildBill:

BP-had weight issues but played tackle at least didn't tank like Kwame, Cross guard then center.

did u wikipedia that? lol
Originally posted by susweel:
Also, some of you fans are fair weather fans, I say this, cause after just one year or two you here about fans say he is sh@% or he is that-cut him-Sapolu is a good example of patience and good coaching-those who thru those years know that he spent the first 2-3 years on injured reserve because of ankle injuries and had to have rods inserted intohis legs. A lot of fans on this board without hind sight would call for his head especially since he was a low draft pick.

That kind of patience does not exist in today's NFL. Rookies have to perform quickly or they are gone. Unless your name is Alex Smith.

Sure it does, the good teams have them, the bad ones don't see into the future. There is alsways 1-3 players like that. If the player has the talent that coaches can see and the coach can coach...then again that is the problem.
Also, some of you fans are fair weather fans, I say this, cause after just one year or two you here about fans say he is sh@% or he is that-cut him-Sapolu is a good example of patience and good coaching-those who thru those years know that he spent the first 2-3 years on injured reserve because of ankle injuries and had to have rods inserted intohis legs. A lot of fans on this board without hind sight would call for his head especially since he was a low draft pick.

Ahh yes... back in the day when we didn't need to spend first round picks on linemen. McKittrick would draft them late and coach em up. Sapolu still works for the 49ers as an Alumni Coordinator.

I've met Bubba Paris @ a Wal-Mart. Cool dude.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
We need to implement a law like Arizona or else the NFL will be overrun with illegal Samoans.

Samoans have a fierce mean streak on the field but are nice people off the field. Very family oriented
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
We need to implement a law like Arizona or else the NFL will be overrun with illegal Samoans.

"A" law? We have a whole slew of laws to keep them mexi....errr illegals out!!!!!!

Yet, we're still dominating and taking over this country!

wikipedia!!! Don't need no stinkin wikipedia!
I'm a fan who had to suffer thru the Joe Thomas debacle then Monte Clark fiasco . Do you know who the niner centers were during there superbowl years?
Originally posted by Dominate:
We probably have the 2 strongest in the league.

yea, thats actually probably true.

wikipedia!!! Don't need no stinkin wikipedia!
I'm a fan who had to suffer thru the Joe Thomas debacle then Monte Clark fiasco . Do you know who the niner centers were during there superbowl years?

You meant Monte Clark then Joe Thomas, right? Was it Ayers, Cross and Sapolou?
[ Edited by MntIdaGold on May 14, 2010 at 2:52 PM ]
"Talofa" to all the Samoan Bro's
I'd trade em all for Palomalu
Share 49ersWebzone