LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Serious read about NFL coaching trees

Shop 49ers game tickets
The NFL Coaching Network: Analysis of the Social Network Among Professional
Football Coaches Link
Go to page 3 for an interesting coaching tree.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on May 11, 2010 at 23:11:27 ]
LOL what is that mess and please help me with the relevance to the 49ers if any. kthanksbye.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
LOL what is that mess and please help me with the relevance to the 49ers if any. kthanksbye.

There's this pretty good coach in that coaching tree named Bill Walsh. He used to work for the 49ers and won a bunch of Super Bowls here. If you look at the tree, you'll notice that Walsh directly influenced a lot of highly respectable football names.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

There's this pretty good coach in that coaching tree named Bill Walsh. He used to work for the 49ers and won a bunch of Super Bowls here. If you look at the tree, you'll notice that Walsh directly influenced a lot of highly respectable football names.

Respectable and Super Bowl winning coaches.

Did you try reading it?
My too favorite things mushed together! Football+Math= Greatness! Love the post, this is some interesting stuff. from that mumbo jumbo on pg. 3, it looks as though a lot of Couch's that can't win the big games produce someone who can. Also by the looks of this, J Fox and W Phillips look as though they where setup for greatness.
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on May 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

Did you try reading it?

Actually no, I didn't have much time, thanks. I just looked at it and it looked like a mess. I have more than enough respect for Bil Walsh and his proteges. kthanksbye.
That was very interesting. I liked it.
Originally posted by English:

Did you try reading it?

Actually no, I didn't have much time, thanks. I just looked at it and it looked like a mess. I have more than enough respect for Bil Walsh and his proteges. kthanksbye.

krhanksbye to you too. Not sure why if you can't be bothered to read it you should expect someone else to explain it to you but I suppose it is easier that way.

kdontmentionitoutofheredudebi
Props to English.
This is actually a great resource but admittedly, it's a very heavy read and not worth wasting your time on if you're a casual fan.
For the more visual people (like me), couple nice graphs and charts in there too.

Nice post.

That was a great read and a great find!
Niner legacy. Red-n-Gold
Share 49ersWebzone