LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

Another DIVA WR developing in the league

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
ya im so happy we didnt draft one of the best WR's in the league. phew, we dodged a bullet

f**k that fragile piece of s**t!!! I'll take Crabtree over him anyday of the week!!!

In all reality, I probably would too, but DeSean is much more versatile and can be used on special teams, obviously. His speed would open up so many more plays than Crabtree can. His shiftiness would be ideal on trick plays like reverses among others.

I do believe we would have drafted Crabtree the next year as well because the value was just too much to pass on.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I don't get this...if a WR says anythin' about other players - they get crucified, but if a QB says it - it's called "leadership" - which is BS. Peyton Manning calls out his OL all the time in front of reporters, McNabb is known to blame his team-mates as well...and there are plenty of other examples. I don't get this double-standard...just like the one where ppl say players should honor the contract, yet it's okay when management releases a guy for not playin' well.

When players get released, they still get paid whatever guaranteed money they signed for.

When players under perform, do they ever take a paycut? The only person that comes to my mind is Smith.

-9fA

Alex Smith took a paycut because McCloughan made it known he would not be playing for this team at the price of his contract at the time and he knew he wouldn't be getting any better offers than what the Niners were offering with the restructure. Let's not make it out to be a situation where Smith knew he underachieved and offered the team a chance to cut his pay because that is not what happened. If the team was willing to let him play out his rookie contract, there's no way he offers to cut his own pay.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Who's throwing to him now? Exactly! He won't get close to putting up the same stats. So, running his mouth now just makes him look foolish.

Did you happen to see Kolb when McNabb was hurt? He's more than capable.
Originally posted by 9erObsession:
see aren't you happy we got balmer. He doesn't talk doodoo, he doesn't belittle team mates, he doesn't do anything

He does however run the fastest when he is going to the sideline, he cannot wait to get off the field.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
this thread is dumb... if we had DJ and Crabtree we'd be winning a helluva lot more games.

No chance in hell we would've drafted another 1st round receiver if we had gotten DeSean Jackson.

U don't pass on Crabtree just because you already have a good WR.

ya dude i think he still woulda been the pick, some thought he was the best prospect in the entire draft. too much to pass up. were so lucky to have him. but Crabtree, Jackson and VD with Frank in the backfield??? BOOM! BOOM! Firepower!!!

Imagine all the dances he'll teach the other niners..? do the stinky leg... jerk...reject...
"Johnson's way essentially is to ignore the realities of the uncapped year and stay home until the Titans find a way to show him the money," Domowitch writes. "Jackson, on the other hand, has dealt with his situation much more maturely. Just 2 years after falling into the middle of the second round of the draft because of character and work-ethic questions, the Pro Bowl wide receiver is rapidly developing into one of the locker-room leaders of a young Eagles team that has just one non-kicker over the age of 29 on its roster."

-pft

another diva for sure
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by kelpie70:
This jackson kid from the eagles comes of sounding more like a punk than being confident. Boy am I glad we did not draft him.

Some of you people have the worst logic I've ever heard.

"Oh, I'm sure glad we didn't draft a pro bowl-caliber receiver and one of the most dangerous return men in the entire league because I don't like the things he says."

Stupid. Just flat out dumb.

At some point you people need to get over the "good character" guys and accept the "good talent" guys. Our good character hasn't translated into a winning season or a playoff spot in 7 years.

Exactly. And, it's not like he is drinking and driving or getting into fights or accused of raping women. He is a little brash - so what's wrong with it? I have friends who are brash, doesn't mean they are not good people.

Seriously, ppl who have problem with brash behavior shouldn't even watch football. They should stick with chess or something.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by kelpie70:
This jackson kid from the eagles comes of sounding more like a punk than being confident. Boy am I glad we did not draft him.

Some of you people have the worst logic I've ever heard.

"Oh, I'm sure glad we didn't draft a pro bowl-caliber receiver and one of the most dangerous return men in the entire league because I don't like the things he says."

Stupid. Just flat out dumb.

At some point you people need to get over the "good character" guys and accept the "good talent" guys. Our good character hasn't translated into a winning season or a playoff spot in 7 years.

Exactly. And, it's not like he is drinking and driving or getting into fights or accused of raping women. He is a little brash - so what's wrong with it? I have friends who are brash, doesn't mean they are not good people.

Seriously, ppl who have problem with brash behavior shouldn't even watch football. They should stick with chess or something.

he is a good player but with mcnabb out i think he is gonna have a down year
Share 49ersWebzone