There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Another DIVA WR developing in the league

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I don't get this...if a WR says anythin' about other players - they get crucified, but if a QB says it - it's called "leadership" - which is BS. Peyton Manning calls out his OL all the time in front of reporters, McNabb is known to blame his team-mates as well...and there are plenty of other examples. I don't get this double-standard...just like the one where ppl say players should honor the contract, yet it's okay when management releases a guy for not playin' well.

Think of the way the world works. Jobs and such. Then read what you wrote again. These players sign a contract to play a f**king game. Like any job, you don't perform well, you don't deserve the contract. The players know everything about the contract when they sign it, but many don't plan on honoring it. What does their name mean then? Jack s**t.
What's wrong with firing your agent? His play now represents his contract, which his agent does nothing for. I'm sure Rice got paid by Debartolo sports.
Originally posted by 9erObsession:
see aren't you happy we got balmer. He doesn't talk doodoo, he doesn't belittle team mates, he doesn't do anything

This
DeSean shut the heck up please and just play ball dude. You just got in the league and already I am tired of hearing from you for all the wrong reasons. Even the cast of NFL Network is now in agreement. Get it together man stop growning and moaning man I am glad he IS NOT HERE!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
ya im so happy we didnt draft one of the best WR's in the league. phew, we dodged a bullet

One if the best Wr's in the league? He's not top 10..he's not even close
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I don't get this...if a WR says anythin' about other players - they get crucified, but if a QB says it - it's called "leadership" - which is BS. Peyton Manning calls out his OL all the time in front of reporters, McNabb is known to blame his team-mates as well...and there are plenty of other examples. I don't get this double-standard...just like the one where ppl say players should honor the contract, yet it's okay when management releases a guy for not playin' well.

When players get released, they still get paid whatever guaranteed money they signed for.

When players under perform, do they ever take a paycut? The only person that comes to my mind is Smith.

-9fA

Several players take pay cut to stay with the team every year. When they don't, they are usually released.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Think of the way the world works. Jobs and such. Then read what you wrote again. These players sign a contract to play a f**king game. Like any job, you don't perform well, you don't deserve the contract. The players know everything about the contract when they sign it, but many don't plan on honoring it. What does their name mean then? Jack s**t.

But it's not just a game for them. They devote their life to it. They don't play it as a "game" like we do. I don't know why ppl forget that. Just like any job, when you out-perform your compensation package, you deserve a raise. Almost every company I've worked for gave me bonus every year + raise every 6-12 months.

When these guys sign a 4-5 year deal, that means they are stuck with that job. They can't go job hunting - lookin' for better situation and more pay.

So...how can you even relate workin' in NFL (yes, these guys are working) - to regular job?

I think if a team can cut a player at any time - then a player has the right to ask for raise when he feels he has out-performed his current contract. You don't see players in NBA complainin' about their contract too much - because they have guaranteed contracts.

But it's not just a game for them. They devote their life to it. They don't play it as a "game" like we do. I don't know why ppl forget that. Just like any job, when you out-perform your compensation package, you deserve a raise. Almost every company I've worked for gave me bonus every year + raise every 6-12 months.

When these guys sign a 4-5 year deal, that means they are stuck with that job. They can't go job hunting - lookin' for better situation and more pay.

So...how can you even relate workin' in NFL (yes, these guys are working) - to regular job?

I think if a team can cut a player at any time - then a player has the right to ask for raise when he feels he has out-performed his current contract. You don't see players in NBA complainin' about their contract too much - because they have guaranteed contracts.

Didn't you just relate it to working a regular job as well? You compared it to when you received raises at your job. Which is something else I don't understand either. You are then comparing quarters and dollars to thousands and ten-thousands of dollars. That just wouldn't correlate.

For the NFL, the reason why players like to sign 3-4 year deals is so they can up their pay when the contract is done, while making sure they are also guaranteed money to play. Now, for most regular jobs, from what I know, you are at risk of losing your job if you underperform. Why can't teams do that for players and management? Look at Jamarcus Russell. He clearly way underperformed and needed to be released.

As for playing football, I agree that they most likely think of it as more than just games. But, if you do break it down, they are playing football for millions of dollars why many others bust their @$$es every year for $40-50,000 a year (if that).
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
October 10
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
ya im so happy we didnt draft one of the best WR's in the league. phew, we dodged a bullet

f**k that fragile piece of s**t!!! I'll take Crabtree over him anyday of the week!!!

Agreed, Crabtree all the way!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ImaMod:

One if the best Wr's in the league? He's not top 10..he's not even close

not even close? last year he was tied for 9th in yards, 10th in TD's, added another 137 yards and a TD on the ground and his 18.5 yards/catch is 2nd for receivers who had more than 20 catches. he is top ten, he is very close, i win, you lose.
You guys are posting in a troll thread..
useless thread, u can count the non-diva wr's in the league on one hand
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djb49:

Didn't you just relate it to working a regular job as well? You compared it to when you received raises at your job. Which is something else I don't understand either. You are then comparing quarters and dollars to thousands and ten-thousands of dollars. That just wouldn't correlate.

For the NFL, the reason why players like to sign 3-4 year deals is so they can up their pay when the contract is done, while making sure they are also guaranteed money to play. Now, for most regular jobs, from what I know, you are at risk of losing your job if you underperform. Why can't teams do that for players and management? Look at Jamarcus Russell. He clearly way underperformed and needed to be released.

As for playing football, I agree that they most likely think of it as more than just games. But, if you do break it down, they are playing football for millions of dollars why many others bust their @$$es every year for $40-50,000 a year (if that).

No, I didn't compare it to real job. I said, in a real job - the employee usually gets a bonus and pay raise and has the option to leave the job anytime for better situation. In NFL - players don't get raise - they have to hold out or use other means when they feel under-paid. Therefore - you can't compare it.

All I am saying is - there is a double-standard. A team can release a player anytime they want and it's ok, but if a player asks for more money - he is vilified and is told to honor the contract.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
This jackson kid from the eagles comes of sounding more like a punk than being confident. Boy am I glad we did not draft him.

Some of you people have the worst logic I've ever heard.

"Oh, I'm sure glad we didn't draft a pro bowl-caliber receiver and one of the most dangerous return men in the entire league because I don't like the things he says."

Stupid. Just flat out dumb.

At some point you people need to get over the "good character" guys and accept the "good talent" guys. Our good character hasn't translated into a winning season or a playoff spot in 7 years.