There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Another DIVA WR developing in the league

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
Florio took DJ's comments out of context but go ahead, run with it.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
ya im so happy we didnt draft one of the best WR's in the league. phew, we dodged a bullet

f**k that fragile piece of s**t!!! I'll take Crabtree over him anyday of the week!!!

what does crabtree have to do with this? you wouldnt want DJ on this team? trippin. you mustve bought a balmer jersey or something

I did.

If we draft DJ theres no way we draft Crabs. Just sayin would rather have him than fragile b***h.

i love crabtree but DJ is a lot more dangerous so far. i think we woulda had em both, u dont pass on a guy with that much talent at the 10th pick. he coulda went 1st overall with that kind of talent
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Originally posted by 9erObsession:
see aren't you happy we got balmer. He doesn't talk doodoo, he doesn't belittle team mates, he doesn't do anything

He is definitely NOT a a Singletary kind of guy. He puts himself before the team it seems. No I am not pleased with the Balmer results to date but the chemistry of the team at least is still intact.

WTF is a singletary kind of guy?

We take anthony davis who has character issues (motivational)

Then we try to sign Blount, who is crazy as f**k.

Singletary kind of guy = Talented player.

Vernon Davis had the same mentality before coach took over IIRC and now look. He doesnt care what baggage they bring, he wants to win and believes in his coaching abilities.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by kelpie70:
see aren't you happy we got balmer. He doesn't talk doodoo, he doesn't belittle team mates, he doesn't do anything

He is definitely NOT a a Singletary kind of guy. He puts himself before the team it seems. No I am not pleased with the Balmer results to date but the chemistry of the team at least is still intact.

WTF is a singletary kind of guy?

We take anthony davis who has character issues (motivational)

Then we try to sign Blount, who is crazy as f**k.

Singletary kind of guy = Talented player.

Vernon Davis had the same mentality before coach took over IIRC and now look. He doesnt care what baggage they bring, he wants to win and believes in his coaching abilities.

At the time when DeSean was drafted he was heralded by Jerry Rice. Thoughts of him at the time were extremely positive especially on this site. McCloughan had reservations concerning his size #1. At the time no one spoke of his seemingly me first attitude that is now being displayed. All i'm saying is what sing is trying to build I don't think me first people are welcome see what I'm saying. Common, the guy needs to pipe down and work his behind off then let it speak for itself.

Waiting for the reply "Wait till Singletary gets his hands on him!!!"
He is still my favorite non 49er WR
Someone actually bought a Balmer jersey?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
this thread is dumb... if we had DJ and Crabtree we'd be winning a helluva lot more games.

No chance in hell we would've drafted another 1st round receiver if we had gotten DeSean Jackson.

U don't pass on Crabtree just because you already have a good WR.

I agree with Psniex. If we drafted Jackson then Michael Oher would have been the pick last season.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
this thread is dumb... if we had DJ and Crabtree we'd be winning a helluva lot more games.

No chance in hell we would've drafted another 1st round receiver if we had gotten DeSean Jackson.

I agree with Psniex. If we drafted Jackson then Michael Oher would have been the pick last season.

dez bryant this season

eagles still drafted maclin although they had djax, so i'm not sure that means no crabtree
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I don't get this...if a WR says anythin' about other players - they get crucified, but if a QB says it - it's called "leadership" - which is BS. Peyton Manning calls out his OL all the time in front of reporters, McNabb is known to blame his team-mates as well...and there are plenty of other examples. I don't get this double-standard...just like the one where ppl say players should honor the contract, yet it's okay when management releases a guy for not playin' well.
Originally posted by teeohh:

dez bryant this season

eagles still drafted maclin although they had djax, so i'm not sure that means no crabtree

You're right about the Eagles but they're a pass happy team, and we're not. We took Crabtree because receiver was a glaring need and he was the best player available. If Jackson was here I don't think we would consider the receiver position to be a need.

It's not BPA. It's BPA of position of need.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 9, 2010 at 15:54:58 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

dez bryant this season

You're right about the Eagles but they're a pass happy team, and we're not. We took Crabtree because receiver was a glaring need and he was the best player available. If Jackson was there I don't think we would consider the receiver position to be a need.

At the same time...Jackson wouldn't have had the same kind of success in his first year...due to our QB situation - so most of us would have thought of him as a no. 2 or slot guy at best.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

dez bryant this season

You're right about the Eagles but they're a pass happy team, and we're not. We took Crabtree because receiver was a glaring need and he was the best player available. If Jackson was there I don't think we would consider the receiver position to be a need.

At the same time...Jackson wouldn't have had the same kind of success in his first year...due to our QB situation - so most of us would have thought of him as a no. 2 or slot guy at best.

I disagree. Jackson in Mike Martz's offense = success. We actually had a better passing offense in 08 then we did last season.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 9, 2010 at 16:05:20 ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home