LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Willis vs. Urlacher

Shop 49ers game tickets
i met urlacher at john wayne airport back in 04. the dude is f*n HUMONGOUS!

i asked him, "excuse me sir, are you . . . brian urlacher?"
he said, "yep."
i said, "oh okay"

i walked away

ROFL
Originally posted by montana2rice:
i met urlacher at john wayne airport back in 04. the dude is f*n HUMONGOUS!

i asked him, "excuse me sir, are you . . . brian urlacher?"
he said, "yep."
i said, "oh okay"

i walked away

ROFL

Playing it cool.
Urlacher hasn't had a great season since '07 so he isn't even in that conversation at the moment.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
This thread is now about Willis v. Jon Beason

Debate

If I was Beason I'd be pissed! Imo same level of talent but Willis is getting all the accolades. Lol

No way... he doesn't have Willis' speed. I remember him getting beat to the outside by I think Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams and thinking, no way Willis gets beat. Oh yeah, and I also just remember distinctly Beason getting raped in coverage over and over against the cards, biting on s**t and letting Fitzgerald run wide open over the shallow middle.

I don't know, Urlacher is pretty damn fast. He's at least 4.6 or faster as he was a college safety. On INTS, he's always ahead of the pack blocking and passes people up.

In his healthy prime, Urlacher was able to literally change the outcome of a game: remember Bears/Cardinals "They are who we thought they were?" I haven't seen Willis have a game like that yet.

However, in the long run, I would say Willis has a greater career.

we were losing in seattle early in the 2008 season and willis had an 86 yard pick 6 and then we force a turnover again and eventually win the game in overtime
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
This thread is now about Willis v. Jon Beason

Debate

If I was Beason I'd be pissed! Imo same level of talent but Willis is getting all the accolades. Lol

No way... he doesn't have Willis' speed. I remember him getting beat to the outside by I think Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams and thinking, no way Willis gets beat. Oh yeah, and I also just remember distinctly Beason getting raped in coverage over and over against the cards, biting on s**t and letting Fitzgerald run wide open over the shallow middle.

I don't know, Urlacher is pretty damn fast. He's at least 4.6 or faster as he was a college safety. On INTS, he's always ahead of the pack blocking and passes people up.

In his healthy prime, Urlacher was able to literally change the outcome of a game: remember Bears/Cardinals "They are who we thought they were?" I haven't seen Willis have a game like that yet.

However, in the long run, I would say Willis has a greater career.

we were losing in seattle early in the 2008 season and willis had an 86 yard pick 6 and then we force a turnover again and eventually win the game in overtime

That's 2 plays and it was a good game but the Urlacher game vs ARI was flat out amazing.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Willis in his rookie season >>> Urlacher in his prime

Pretty much.

this! what rookie do you know leads the league in tackles his rookie season?
Share 49ersWebzone