Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis vs. Urlacher

who???
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
This thread is now about Willis v. Jon Beason

Debate

If I was Beason I'd be pissed! Imo same level of talent but Willis is getting all the accolades. Lol

Beason is really good, but Willis is just a little bit better at everything IMO, Willis will be remembered as a Great LB, Beason too. It should be a good rivalry.
Willis is special. When its all said and done, he will be one of the best to play if he keeps playing at this level but the scary thing is that he still can improve and hasn't hit his prime. Urlacher is no slouch by any means but Willis is just better and the best MLB in the NFL.

Debate

Willis getting paid just set the market for Beason. If there was a time for Panthers to throw money at a player, this is that time. If not, I expect the 9ers to be all over Beason and his agent to get Beason in 9er colours.

Those two playing along side each other every given game day = devastation
Originally posted by ace49ers:

Debate

Willis getting paid just set the market for Beason. If there was a time for Panthers to throw money at a player, this is that time. If not, I expect the 9ers to be all over Beason and his agent to get Beason in 9er colours.

Yeah like that is gonna happen
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Debate

Debate

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Debate

• LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Urlacher in his prime and when he was healthy was one of the best.

Too bad the motor he plays with led to him getting hurt all the time, a beast.

Debate

Urlacher can be the best white linebacker in the NFL now...

Willis is the best linebacker in the NFL right now.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Is it fair to compare a 4-3 ILB to a 3-4 ILB?

Debate

If I was Beason I'd be pissed! Imo same level of talent but Willis is getting all the accolades. Lol

No way... he doesn't have Willis' speed. I remember him getting beat to the outside by I think Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams and thinking, no way Willis gets beat. Oh yeah, and I also just remember distinctly Beason getting raped in coverage over and over against the cards, biting on s**t and letting Fitzgerald run wide open over the shallow middle.
Willis doesn't have a gay tribal barb-wire arm band tattoo

/end argument

[ Edited by TTown9ers on May 10, 2010 at 09:12:28 ]
Originally posted by dhp318:

Debate

No way... he doesn't have Willis' speed. I remember him getting beat to the outside by I think Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams and thinking, no way Willis gets beat. Oh yeah, and I also just remember distinctly Beason getting raped in coverage over and over against the cards, biting on s**t and letting Fitzgerald run wide open over the shallow middle.

I don't know, Urlacher is pretty damn fast. He's at least 4.6 or faster as he was a college safety. On INTS, he's always ahead of the pack blocking and passes people up.

In his healthy prime, Urlacher was able to literally change the outcome of a game: remember Bears/Cardinals "They are who we thought they were?" I haven't seen Willis have a game like that yet.

However, in the long run, I would say Willis has a greater career.