There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis vs. Urlacher

Has Willis even had one bad game?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Has Willis even had one bad game?

I think he only had like 6 tackles once.
Originally posted by djb49:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Comparing both in their prime is not that easy. Imo their different type of linebackers.

The thing is, though, Willis has yet to even reach his prime. AND, he is still getting better.

True that. I guess we should make this comparison when they both retire.
Urlacher 2005, Urlacher's DPOY year:

Tackles: 121; Sacks: 6; Ints: 0; TD: 0; Passes Defended: 0; FF: 1

Patrick Willis 2009:

Tackles: 154; Sacks: 4; Ints: 3; TD: 1 Passes Defended: 11; FF: 3

Clearly Patrick had better stats than Urlacher's best year, and if that's the case, how could Urlacher be better even now? He hasn't done a thing since 2007.

Urlacher has never led the NFL in tackles, never been top 5 in tackles and only twice even been the top 10. Patrick in 3 years has led the NFL twice, and in the other year was 2nd. I would argue that Patrick is better than Urlacher EVER was.

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on May 8, 2010 at 11:04:20 ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Patrick Willis 2009:

Clearly Patrick had better stats than Urlacher's best year, and if that's the case, how could Urlacher be better even now? He hasn't done a thing since 2007.

Urlacher has never led the NFL in tackles, never been top 5 in tackles and only twice even been the top 10. Patrick in 3 years has led the NFL twice, and in the other year was 2nd. I would argue that Patrick is better than Urlacher EVER was.

Willis has only been in the league 3 years so I guess you can say Urlacher has made more of an impact at this point. Remember, Urlacher took his team to the Bowch. When it's all said and done Willis will have the better career. Let me ask you this. Do you think Urlacher will get into the Hall of Fame?
Willis is better as an individual, but it's hard to say he leaves the same impact on the team as Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis.

Patrick Willis 2009:

Willis has only been in the league 3 years so I guess you can say Urlacher has made more of an impact at this point. Remember, Urlacher took his team to the Bowch. When it's all said and done Willis will have the better career. Let me ask you this. Do you think Urlacher will get into the Hall of Fame?

Yeah Urlacher has at this point made more of an overall impact, but what this guy's brother said was that Urlacher is BETTER. I definitely contest that statement and will go as far to say if I was given the choice of Patrick Willis now or Brian Urlacher in one of his better years, I would go with Willis. Maybe I'm a homer, but looking at the stats I don't see how someone neutral to both wouldn't make that choice.

Will Urlacher get into the hall of fame? If he'd stayed healthier throughout his career I'd say there would have been a fighting chance, even without a championship. But he's been hurt so much, he has only had a handful of really good seasons, so unless he gets a championship I see it difficult for him to.

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on May 8, 2010 at 11:43:11 ]
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Willis is better as an individual, but it's hard to say he leaves the same impact on the team as Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis.

i lol'd. with the stats he has. how the f**k is that not leaving an impact.
This thread is now about Willis v. Jon Beason

Debate
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

Debate

If I was Beason I'd be pissed! Imo same level of talent but Willis is getting all the accolades. Lol

Debate

If I was Beason I'd be pissed! Imo same level of talent but Willis is getting all the accolades. Lol

My thoughts exactly.
So how exactly do you fairly compare the two when they play in completely different systems and have different responsibilities in their schemes ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
So how exactly do you fairly compare the two when they play in completely different systems and have different responsibilities in their schemes ?

They may be in different systems but they both thrive in them. All I'm saying is Willis is getting all the love which believe me, I'm all for it.

Debate

Willis makes everyone around him better. Who has benefited on Carolina from Beason being there? We also rock the 3-4. Imagine how many more tackles Willis would be making in a 4-3? OH BOY

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on May 8, 2010 at 16:39:16 ]

Patrick Willis 2009:

Nothing more need be said.