LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Willis vs. Urlacher

Shop 49ers game tickets
there is really no comparing them, willis is the hands down best lb in the nfl. However my twin brother is a delusional care bear's fan and tries to suggest Urlacher is better. I have provided him and others with numerous articles and top 10 surveys (AP) that show willis tops and Urlacher is not even top 4 (AP 1st or 2nd team). Any help or stats would greatly be appreciated.
Show him this

DEBATE OVER
Urlacher was pretty good at the beginning of this decade. Now? not so much.
Willis can hold the best rb's to nada...(petersen, Jackson, everyone) and the other is part of an avg run D that gets run over all the time (see many games esp any Minn game AP has run for a sick avg against the care bears).

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Urlacher was pretty good at the beginning of this decade. Now? not so much.
Willis no contest.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Urlacher might be a top 10 middle linebacker still. Willis is the #1 middle linebacker in the league by a pretty decent margin over Jon Beason.
ya willis is now urlacher was great earlier in this decade, go back to our games in chicago in 05 and 06 they could stop the run very well at that time
Your twin brother is a moron.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Put on a 49ers helmet at 2am when he is sleeping, turn on the lights and tackle his face.

Originally posted by elguapo:
there is really no comparing them, willis is the hands down best lb in the nfl. However my twin brother is a delusional care bear's fan and tries to suggest Urlacher is better. I have provided him and others with numerous articles and top 10 surveys (AP) that show willis tops and Urlacher is not even top 4 (AP 1st or 2nd team). Any help or stats would greatly be appreciated.

Urlacher has been injured. he was gone for the rest of the season after the game opener against Greenbay. the Bears D really havent been the same without him. I think for a few years running Urlachers jersey was the most sold? Other then the two years this guy has been injured, hes been a beast!

Like Willis, Urlacher has won NFL defensive rookie of the year, Urlacher some years later won the NFL defensive player of the year, not many NFL players are in that club.

Urlacher isnt in the top 10 surveys because of injury, that doesnt mean hes past it or lost it. If the guys fit and healthy this season, he'll rack up the stats and be close to the top if not, thee top by seasons end.
Willis in his rookie season >>> Urlacher in his prime
Comparing both in their prime is not that easy. Imo their different type of linebackers.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Willis in his rookie season >>> Urlacher in his prime

Pretty much.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Comparing both in their prime is not that easy. Imo their different type of linebackers.

The thing is, though, Willis has yet to even reach his prime. AND, he is still getting better.
Share 49ersWebzone