There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jamarcus Russell vs Ryan Leaf

Jamarcus Russell vs Ryan Leaf

Who is the bigger bust? As of now, they have the same amount of years in the league. Here is the career stats for both:
Jamarcus Russell:
4083 yds 18 tds 23 ints 52.1 comp% 65.2 rating

Ryan Leaf:
3666 yds 14 tds 36 ints 48.4 comp% 50.0 rating

Leaf clearly has worse stats, but he was the #2 overall pick and Jamarcus was #1. Jamarcus also made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more money. Leaf was more of an a$$ to the media, and was very intense, while Jamarcus threw his entire team under the bus and had the worst work ethic of all time.
Statistically, Leaf. Attitude, Leaf.

Screwing over his team, Russell. Making too much money to suck so bad, Russell.
yes russel was number 1 but the amount of draft picks and players they traded to get leaf makes him a bigger bust i might be wrong but i think the trade involved 2 pro bowl players along with a couple of more draft picks
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I don't think it is even close. Leaf is in a world by himself as a bust. Jamarcus is more along the likes of Tony Mandarich or Brian Bosworth. Even then he would be behind those guys
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Do I have to choose??

I'll take Al, the janitor at the bowling alley!!!! Where's that option???
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Do I have to choose??

Are you nuts, Morgan Freeman in his third appearance as Al Mighty. That was great.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Do I have to choose??

You got a problem man??
Both of them suck.
Jamarcus becasue he was a #1 pick but Leaf was more entertaining.
i still think russell can do well w/ another team.. he did his best to get his arse out of oakland
Slex Amith
I think Russell is the bigger bust. He was the #1 pick and lasted several years less than Leaf in the NFL. Leaf was an idiot but Russell is even worse in my opinion.
Russell is a lazy POS but cmon Leaf is just a total Douche bag...
Originally posted by BigRon:
I don't think it is even close. Leaf is in a world by himself as a bust. Jamarcus is more along the likes of Tony Mandarich or Brian Bosworth. Even then he would be behind those guys

I couldn't put Russell behind Bosworth. For all the hype and ego, the Boz was forced out by injury. Russell by lack of commitment.
These guys are in a league of their own