LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Interesting take by Matt Barrows...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Smith doesn't work out we draft a kid next year, the first round is flooded with QB's.

Right you are!!!!

Ryan Mallet
Pat Devlin
Andrew Luck ---- I really don't think he'll declare, god I hope so!!!!
Jake Locker
Kevin Riley ------ In the 2nd!!!!

for shame kolohe

Kevin Riley?

in the 2nd?

If he plays like an nfl prospect I'll be f**kin surprised, most cal fans want him benched.

This thread just got put on "Watch".

LOL, people thought the same s**t in Carson Palmer's Junior year.......I think you laugh too soon!!!

Where were those same fans, when he smoked Maryland, beat Minnesota, beat Arizona St., BEAT Stanford??

I think we were to busy cheering for Jahvid Best and Shane Veereen.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stevenking57:
If we sign Vick, it would be the end of the line for a lot of Niner fans. I want to win, but not with scum like that guy.

This. Also he's a s**tty QB.
If we start over at QB we should be able to do a lot better than Vick.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Davis blows. everyone get over it. He did well in preseason vs scrubs just like him.

Officially on the Jake Locker Trade Up Bandwagon.

He had a great preseason. Have you seen him play in a regular season game yet? Save your judgment's for when he actually plays Sgt. Clueless.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
If we sign Vick, it would be the end of the line for a lot of Niner fans. I want to win, but not with scum like that guy.

These so called niner fans need to remove the sticks froms their asses. So the dude killed few vicous dogs, its not like the dude was Hitler.

Everybody deserves a second chance. And they were only dogs, no big deal in my book.

It's funny to me that you would call them "so-called Niner fans." Really? Take the stick out of their asses? "They were only dogs, no big deal?"

Wow. You may call yourself a Niner fan because you're okay with whatever the team would do to win, but as an actual human being......

You say everyone deserves a second chance, but he's already in Philly. So he's getting his second chance. How do you even know how he would be as a "franchise QB"?
Originally posted by djb49:
Originally posted by susweel:

These so called niner fans need to remove the sticks froms their asses. So the dude killed few vicous dogs, its not like the dude was Hitler.

Everybody deserves a second chance. And they were only dogs, no big deal in my book.

It's funny to me that you would call them "so-called Niner fans." Really? Take the stick out of their asses? "They were only dogs, no big deal?"

Wow. You may call yourself a Niner fan because you're okay with whatever the team would do to win, but as an actual human being......

You say everyone deserves a second chance, but he's already in Philly. So he's getting his second chance. How do you even know how he would be as a "franchise QB"?

First let me say that I am an Alex Smith supporter and I think he will lead us to the playoffs this year.

Lets say he fails this year and we dont make the playoffs, i wouldnt mind bringing in Vick, when he led the Falcons to the NFC championship game it was because they were an awesome rushing team, we are trying to build that here. Plus we have a better defensive team than that Falcon team as well.

Vick would be coming to a team that would be a perfect situation for him.

All that being said Alex will lead us to the playoffs so it doesnt even matter what wee think about Vick
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
He was mediocre before is more mediocre now.

You just don't get to be a better QB in the slammer.

Finally sum1 sees this too !!!!!!!
Vick sucks, I'd hope we draft a QB or dare I say it, give David Carr a shot.

Agreed i think vick isn't a upgrade, he showed he's a successful running back playing qb. and i rather give david a shot to see if he might have recovered some of that confident that got knocked the crap out of him during his years with the texas. at least davis and mike will have a year of experience in the nfl and david might be a great qb just never had the time to find out because he was always laying on his back.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

So you would take another 8-8 season with any other QB than a winning season with Michael Vick?

Getting Michael Vick does not guarantee wins.

I didnt say getting him guarantees wins. Stevenking said "I want to win, but not with scum like that guy" Im just saying IDC who we win with as long as we win, even if its Vick, if were winning Im happy.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

So you would take another 8-8 season with any other QB than a winning season with Michael Vick?

On what basis does Vick produce a winning season where Smith can't? Arm strength? Accuracy? Umm?

Barrows was well off with this one. Sorry MB, but you were just wrong
I agree with this as a whole. Im just trying to make a point that idc who we win with as long as we do win. Im a huge Alex Smith supporter and want him to succeed..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Smith doesn't work out we draft a kid next year, the first round is flooded with QB's.

Right you are!!!!

Ryan Mallet
Pat Devlin
Andrew Luck ---- I really don't think he'll declare, god I hope so!!!!
Jake Locker
Kevin Riley ------ In the 2nd!!!!

for shame kolohe

Kevin Riley?

in the 2nd?

If he plays like an nfl prospect I'll be f**kin surprised, most cal fans want him benched.

This thread just got put on "Watch".

LOL, people thought the same s**t in Carson Palmer's Junior year.......I think you laugh too soon!!!

Where were those same fans, when he smoked Maryland, beat Minnesota, beat Arizona St., BEAT Stanford??

When we beat Maryland a lot of us thought he was turning things around. But he's just not consistent at all. The interception he threw to Mays was just ridiculously stupid. Of course I'd love if he could be a great QB for Cal, but I don't see it in him. And even if he had a great year I'd still be weary of whether he could be anything at the next level.

But you see game tape isn't the only thing that will make or break a players off-season. Measurements, Combine, Senior Bowl and Pro Day are all ways to boost his draft stock. And so far from what I've seen, Riley has pretty good mechanics, release, arm strength and mobility, I think one of the biggest questions on him will be his height. Other than that, he has all the tools to boost his draft stock.

If this happens we can forget about playoffs for the next couple of years.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pelos21:

If this happens we can forget about playoffs for the next couple of years.

Because the Falcons, Ravens and Jets failed so miserably when they took a QB with the 1st overall pick, right??

But your right, we could also miss the playoffs. But our team is on par with the Ravens and Jets if we were to start over with a new QB. We've got a solid running game, receivers and TE, a respectable defense and our special teams is one of the best in the game right now (Nedney and Lee).
smith is the guy i think, but if he fails i wouldnt want vick anywhere near this team. dude isnt a good QB, besides being a piece of s**t, hes also a s**tty QB. the 1st round will be stacked next year with QBs. we can get one there, the team will be set up already for anyone to come in and go to work. but smith will be lights out this year so this is a moot point
Share 49ersWebzone