LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Interesting take by Matt Barrows...

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Smith does bad this season, I'm willing to take a chance on another 1st round bust. His name rhymes with Fajarcus Mussell
Originally posted by WestCoast:
vick sucks balls...id rather have Jason Campbell, hell id take Nate Davis, David Carr, or f**kin Jamarcus Russell's fatass over vick

Haha, I wouldn't go that far.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
If Smith does bad this season, I'm willing to take a chance on another 1st round bust. His name rhymes with Fajarcus Mussell

I bet that's where he says most of his 300lbs comes from.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Smith doesn't work out we draft a kid next year, the first round is flooded with QB's.

Right you are!!!!

Ryan Mallet
Pat Devlin
Andrew Luck ---- I really don't think he'll declare, god I hope so!!!!
Jake Locker
Kevin Riley ------ In the 2nd!!!!

for shame kolohe

Kevin Riley?

in the 2nd?

If he plays like an nfl prospect I'll be f**kin surprised, most cal fans want him benched.
article is useless, i honestly see AS making major improvments and we sign him to a long extension
Rather go with Davis' growing pains than have Vick if Smith fails. Somebody who can take a life that brutally and enjoy it is not somebody I want representing my franchise. I realize people don't share my opinion but that's just how I feel.
f**k. That.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
If Smith doesn't work out we draft a kid next year, the first round is flooded with QB's.

Right you are!!!!

Ryan Mallet
Pat Devlin
Jake Locker

for shame kolohe

Kevin Riley?

in the 2nd?

If he plays like an nfl prospect I'll be f**kin surprised, most cal fans want him benched.

This thread just got put on "Watch".

LOL, people thought the same s**t in Carson Palmer's Junior year.......I think you laugh too soon!!!

Where were those same fans, when he smoked Maryland, beat Minnesota, beat Arizona St., BEAT Stanford??
Originally posted by teeohh:

Right you are!!!!

Ryan Mallet
Pat Devlin
Jake Locker

for shame kolohe

Kevin Riley?

in the 2nd?

This thread just got put on "Watch".

LOL, people thought the same s**t in Carson Palmer's Junior year.......I think you laugh too soon!!!

Where were those same fans, when he smoked Maryland, beat Minnesota, beat Arizona St., BEAT Stanford??

When we beat Maryland a lot of us thought he was turning things around. But he's just not consistent at all. The interception he threw to Mays was just ridiculously stupid. Of course I'd love if he could be a great QB for Cal, but I don't see it in him. And even if he had a great year I'd still be weary of whether he could be anything at the next level.
If Smith doesn't have a good year, I'd rather take a chance on Carr for a year while developing Davis or a rookie. I just don't see Vick being the right QB for this team.

If Smith fails, then hopefully that fail leads to a top 10 pick and we'll then be in a good position to select a franchise QB.

-9fA
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I think what Matt was saying is that the 49ers are going to be linked to Michael Vick by the national media because of Singletary.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by stevenking57:
If we sign Vick, it would be the end of the line for a lot of Niner fans. I want to win, but not with scum like that guy.

These so called niner fans need to remove the sticks froms their asses. So the dude killed few vicous dogs, its not like the dude was Hitler.

Everybody deserves a second chance. And they were only dogs, no big deal in my book.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
If we sign Vick, it would be the end of the line for a lot of Niner fans. I want to win, but not with scum like that guy.

So you would take another 8-8 season with any other QB than a winning season with Michael Vick?

Getting Michael Vick does not guarantee wins.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

So you would take another 8-8 season with any other QB than a winning season with Michael Vick?

On what basis does Vick produce a winning season where Smith can't? Arm strength? Accuracy? Umm?

Barrows was well off with this one. Sorry MB, but you were just wrong
Share 49ersWebzone