There are 223 users in the forums

Interesting take by Matt Barrows...

Shop 49ers game tickets
...in that he suggests that if Alex Smith does not have a stellar year, he might be replaced by Michael Vick:

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/decisions-decis.html

An excerpt from the article:

"Here's a look at the players whose contracts run out at the end of the 2010 season and where the 49ers' priorities lie.

QB Alex Smith. I'm not listing Smith first because he's one of the top players on the team. He's first because of the position he plays. The 49ers have to set aside money in 2011 and beyond for a starting quarterback whether that person is Smith or Smith's replacement. The 49ers are expecting Smith to take a big step forward this season and lead the team to the playoffs. If he does, he can expect to be rewarded. If he doesn't, the 49ers will have to find another franchise QB. (Rhymes with Vichael Mick?)"

Frankly, I'd much rather see Nate Davis given a chance if Alex struggles this season (which I personally don't think he will). But in a strange way I can see how Matt Barrows could see that Vick might be attractive to Singletary and Raye.

I just hope it doesn't come to that.

[ Edited by Yetiman on May 6, 2010 at 19:47:29 ]
If we sign Vick, it would be the end of the line for a lot of Niner fans. I want to win, but not with scum like that guy.
If he can get this team some W's, I'm all for it. We play for Super Bowl titles not citizenship awards!
Originally posted by stevenking57:
If we sign Vick, it would be the end of the line for a lot of Niner fans. I want to win, but not with scum like that guy.

Issues or not, he's not a good QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Vick sucks, I'd hope we draft a QB or dare I say it, give David Carr a shot.
He was mediocre before is more mediocre now.

You just don't get to be a better QB in the slammer.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Vick sucks, I'd hope we draft a QB or dare I say it, give David Carr a shot.
If Smith doesn't work out we draft a kid next year, the first round is flooded with QB's.
Davis blows. everyone get over it. He did well in preseason vs scrubs just like him.

Officially on the Jake Locker Trade Up Bandwagon.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Smith doesn't work out we draft a kid next year, the first round is flooded with QB's.

Right you are!!!!

Ryan Mallet
Pat Devlin
Andrew Luck ---- I really don't think he'll declare, god I hope so!!!!
Jake Locker
Kevin Riley ------ In the 2nd!!!!
I WANT IT
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stevenking57:

So you would take another 8-8 season with any other QB than a winning season with Michael Vick?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I WANT IT

LOL.... who can forget Ron Mexico
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for DonnieDarko.
vick sucks balls...id rather have Jason Campbell, hell id take Nate Davis, David Carr, or f**kin Jamarcus Russell's fatass over vick
Share 49ersWebzone