There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Raiders Release Russell

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I liked this one best:

"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like."

-- ESPN's Mel Kiper

I'm sure he had most of the tools. But his head just isn't screwed on right, and that's sad.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ESPNEWS showed a graphic of the worst winning percentages of #1 overall qbs

Russell had the lowest winning %

the 49ers had two qbs on that list of 5 though (Carr and Smith)

another graphic showed Top Picks who started the least amount of games with their drafted team. JaMarcus is now locked at #1...Alex Smith is currently #2

I think that graphic was all time too

I think the league is starting to wise up. I believe over the next decade you will see less QB's picked at 1.1, and more given up on quicker

smith was hurt and missed games. jamarcus sucked and was forced to miss games.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I bet Lane Kiffin is laughing his ass off.
From Chads Twitter
OGOchoCinco
Jamarcus Russel, you on twitter, if not its cool ill see you in #minicamp , ooopsss, did I just leak that info #ocnn 7 minutes ago via Swift
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
From Chads Twitter
OGOchoCinco
Jamarcus Russel, you on twitter, if not its cool ill see you in #minicamp , ooopsss, did I just leak that info #ocnn 7 minutes ago via Swift

the bengals would sign this chump
I heard taco bell was hiring.

[ Edited by ninerlifer on May 11, 2010 at 13:27:05 ]
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I actually think the Raiders are in a good position to make the playoffs.

LOL

-9fA

Yea and the lions are going to win the nfc north.

They have the defense and running game. Jason Campbell/Gradkowdki are MAJOR upgrades at QB. If you want to talk OL, and their offense won't work, well Gradkowski seemed to fare well enough.

Take a look at their division. Denver is falling apart, KC doesn't seem to have much hope.

I personally feel SD is on it's way down. No Cromartie, Norv is beginning to overstay his welcome. They also ranked 31st in rushing.

The main thing holding down the Raiders was their locker room mentality and Al Davis forcing Jemarcus down their throats. It seems as that locker room will change with this release of Russell.

Chemistry can do wonders and they will finally have it.
They were crunching numbers on the radio and they figured out that Jamarcus got about $85,000 for ever 28 yards he threw for. It also equals to $85,000 for every 2.5 completions.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 11, 2010 at 20:59:11 ]
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I actually think the Raiders are in a good position to make the playoffs.

LOL

-9fA

Yea and the lions are going to win the nfc north.

They have the defense and running game. Jason Campbell/Gradkowdki are MAJOR upgrades at QB. If you want to talk OL, and their offense won't work, well Gradkowski seemed to fare well enough.

Take a look at their division. Denver is falling apart, KC doesn't seem to have much hope.

I personally feel SD is on it's way down. No Cromartie, Norv is beginning to overstay his welcome. They also ranked 31st in rushing.

The main thing holding down the Raiders was their locker room mentality and Al Davis forcing Jemarcus down their throats. It seems as that locker room will change with this release of Russell.

Chemistry can do wonders and they will finally have it.

The Raiders defensive stats are skewed. Their stats are padded because I belivee that teams often get an early lead against them and then just stay pat.

Come on, it's not as if they have a top 10 rushing attack... to say that "they have a running game".

I agree that Campbell is an upgrade and I do agree that the division is falling apart.

I think they will win a couple games, but I really can't see them winning the division. San Diego was just the #2 seed in the AFC last year. The rest of the AFC is tough and I can't see them grabbing a wildcard over the Texans, or the loser of the AFC East.

-9fA
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They were crunching numbers on the radio and they figured out that Jamarcus got about $85,000 for ever 28 yards the threw for. It also equals to $85,000 for every 2.5 completions.

Fu*k da raiders.