Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboys and Rams trade

per adam schefter

Cowboys preparing to trade LB Bobby Carpenter to Rams for OT Alex barron
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Let me be the first to say

Championship!!!!
That seems to be a potential win for the Cowboys.

is either of them any good
My Rams fan is ecstatic about this move..so glad to get Alex Barron and his million false starts out of town.
For Rams = Great Trade for good player with great intangibles
For Cowboys = Mediocre Trade giving up a leader on defense for the 3rd best tackle on the Rams. hmm.
Both players still have an upside, Barron was supposed to be the next Orlando Pace and Carpenter was being counted on to be the anchor of the Linebackers unit, both were disappointments, but I can see Barron having a solid year in Dallas
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That seems to be a potential win for the Cowboys.

looks cute on paper until u realize barron cant refrain from jumping offside or holding for that matter
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
For Cowboys = Mediocre Trade giving up a leader on defense for the 3rd best tackle on the Rams. hmm.

What if Dallas uses him as a Guard.
Originally posted by Joecool:

What if Dallas uses him as a Guard.

Didn't think about that. Good point
Carpenter brings nothing to the cowboys defense he's not that great.. Just like Barron isn't that great but i'd rather try to work on a tackle than a linebacker.
Good trade for both. The Cowboys never needed Carpenter in the first place. I've always wondered why they drafted him to begin with. He's been nothing more than a special teams player.
Originally posted by jrg:
My Rams fan is ecstatic about this move..so glad to get Alex Barron and his million false starts out of town.

you own a Rams fan? Can you send him over to my house. I need someone to vacuum and then to sit on their hands and knees and let me use them as a coffee table and/or footrest and/or buttsecks.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jrg:

you own a Rams fan? Can you send him over to my house. I need someone to vacuum and then to sit on their hands and knees and let me use them as a coffee table and/or footrest and/or buttsecks.

• TX9R
  • Veteran

Leader on defense? Guy never saw the field. He was good in college, got hurt his first camp and never climbed the depth chart. Strictly a STer.