There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be the next 49er QB to win a superbowl?

Who will be the next 49er QB to win a superbowl?

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by dj43:
Alex Smith is a better QB now than Dilfer was when he won. He is also on a par with Jim McMahon when the Bears won. Phil Sims was nothing special when the Giants won.

It is all about playing good defense, winning the turnover battle and staying healthy. A team that does those things, and gets hot going into the playoffs, has won Super Bowls.

ya but if you have a great QB you're in contention for a superbowl every year... why not have a great defense AND a stud quarterback. I don't think our organization should settle for average and then try to upgrade other positions while ignoring the average guy behind center. We should get a GREAT qb in addition or my coaches/staff aren't doing what a NFL Team is suppose to be doing.

I hope Alex can turn it around this year or Hope we go after someone else.

I hear ya and I wish the best for Smith or wish he's gone, either way. But truth be told this is not the same league as it was when the Bears won it or when the Ravens won it. It is now a passing league and about scoring points. In a shoot out against another good team, yikes, fingers crossed.
Jamarcus Russell
Originally posted by dj43:
Alex Smith is a better QB now than Dilfer was when he won. He is also on a par with Jim McMahon when the Bears won. Phil Sims was nothing special when the Giants won.

It is all about playing good defense, winning the turnover battle and staying healthy. A team that does those things, and gets hot going into the playoffs, has won Super Bowls.

Those teams also had some of the greatest defenses of all time. That's alot to expect from the defense, and we don't have that kind of defense right now.

The other thing I'd like to point out is Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl and the next year he was gone. Tavaris Jackson led the Vikings to the playoffs and the next year Favre was the man. Point being Alex Smith is a free agent and if he's a liability he could be gone even if make a run into the playoffs.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM ]
Anthony Dixon
Kory Sheets