There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jamarcus Russell vs. Alex Smith

Jamarcus Russell vs. Alex Smith

It's really hard for me to fathom how somebody can make an argument for Jamarcus Russell over Smith.

I can understand Campbell v. Smith, but come on..

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It's really hard for me to fathom how somebody can make an argument for Jamarcus Russell over Smith.

I can understand Campbell v. Smith, but come on..

-9fA

This is like asking me who would I rather have Tim Couch or Akili Smith. Yeah Couch was the better QB by a mile but you tell me which one was more devastating to their franchise. Akili busts four years later Cincinnati actually nabs their franchise QB in Palmer. Cleveland on the other hand doesn't move for a franchise guy until 8 years after they drafted Tim Couch.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 1, 2010 at 16:03:58 ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Unless Smith actually does something this year I'm going Russell. Russell's the good type of flop. He wore out his welcome in 3 years allowing the Raiders to move on. Smith is Tim Couch. He's such a tease that you just wasted 6 seasons on the guy.

If you're going to bust, bust as quickly as possible that way we can move on.

You make perfect sense

The fact that we're still on the Alex Smith experiment after this many years of failure is just depressing.
Unless Smith actually does something this year I'm going Russell. Russell's the good type of flop. He wore out his welcome in 3 years allowing the Raiders to move on. Smith is Tim Couch. He's such a tease that you just wasted 6 seasons on the guy.

I agree that from an organization's perspective, you want to find out as quick as possible whether your franchise QB is going to be a bust.

But the question is, "Which QB would you rather have?" So if this instant you had to chose between them, you would take Russel over Smith?

-9fA
Originally posted by crzy:

You make perfect sense

The fact that we're still on the Alex Smith experiment after this many years of failure is just depressing.

He wasn't better last year?

jamarcus russel is the next joe montana FYI
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A better question would be, would you rather have JaMarcus Ruffles or Ryan "Psycho" Leaf?
Seriously.. Jamarcus isnt on Smiths level. Alex did what an average QB would do last year...Jamarcus is the worst NFL QB right now
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A better question would be, would you rather have JaMarcus Ruffles or Ryan "Psycho" Leaf?
Seriously.. Jamarcus isnt on Smiths level. Alex did what an average QB would do last year...Jamarcus is the worst NFL QB right now
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You make perfect sense

Yes, he was better. And with a better line that improvement will continue.

You make perfect sense

No ALIX SMIFF HAZ PLAYD 6 YEEERZ STURTING ALL GAMZ N IZ STILL DA SUX0RZZZZ!! CUT HM NOW!

WORST

THREAD

EVER

[ Edited by ninerlifer on May 2, 2010 at 08:22:36 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I agree that from an organization's perspective, you want to find out as quick as possible whether your franchise QB is going to be a bust.

But the question is, "Which QB would you rather have?" So if this instant you had to chose between them, you would take Russel over Smith?

-9fA

If you're asking me to pick someone to win a playoff game obviously I'm taking Smith.
I can't think of a single player to compare with Russell.xexceot maybe Rashaun Woods. He didn't care either
Smith is far far superior. Smith may be a tease but i think most teams would be doing the same as the 49ers with Smith.

Smiths career: Horrible rookie year, probably on the worst team in terms of offensive talent i may have ever seen.
2nd year he gets much much better than his rookie year. Still a very mediocre season but vastly improved.
3rd year: Starts out well and then is injured and shouldnt be playing for the rest of the year. Not to mention a joke of an OC running the offense.
4th year: Injured
5th year: Comes in and looks far and away the best he has ever looked despite playing behind one of if not the worst lines in football.

Not to mention Smith takes a pay cut to stay with the team, so he's not financially crippling the team like Jamarcus. No doubt Jamarcus is the bigger bust and to me it's not even close.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

You make perfect sense

He was still mediocre