LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Dez Bryant VS Michael Crabtree

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oh and I think Crab is more like Jerry, where he runs really smooth routes and has realy good hands, whereas Bryant is more like Irvin because he's big and physical but he doesn't run routes as well and he lets the ball get into his body sometimes. I'd take Crabtree personally.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Dez is gonna be a bust, count it.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Dez Bryant is gonna be a beast.

Yea if they went in the same year Bryant would have went higher than Crabs IIRC
I hate goin to other teams forums and readin about crabs v.d and gore. Or any of our star players and then seein things like "Alex smith is the qb" or well they still got Alex under center....its so blatently obvious to everyone else that he's the weak link on this team....we pray that he just manages the game we hope he can be mediocre...and he can't even do that consistently
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er_84:
I hate goin to other teams forums and readin about crabs v.d and gore. Or any of our star players and then seein things like "Alex smith is the qb" or well they still got Alex under center....its so blatently obvious to everyone else that he's the weak link on this team....we pray that he just manages the game we hope he can be mediocre...and he can't even do that consistently

he hardly just "managed the game" last season. 18tds is not bad for 10-11 games what ever it was.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

he hardly just "managed the game" last season. 18tds is not bad for 10-11 games what ever it was.

Yeah Eli only threw for 5 more than that in a full 16 games the year NYG won the superbowl, and had 8 more picks.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Dez Bryant is gonna be a beast.

Yea if they went in the same year Bryant would have went higher than Crabs IIRC

Nah actually if Crabtree had never injured his foot he probably would've gone at #4 to Seattle or #7 to Oakland. Bryant didn't have a questionable injury, just a suspension, and slipped all the way to #24. As much as you guys are saying Bryant's going to be a beast etc., or he's more athletic than Crabtree, Crabtree runs way better routes and has way better hands and a MUCH better work ethic than Dez. Crabtree held his own 2 a days while he was holding out and right after he finished recovering from his foot, while Dez had like 8 months to get himself in the best shape he could be and he still didn't show up in top shape to his own pro day.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Yeah Eli only threw for 5 more than that in a full 16 games the year NYG won the superbowl, and had 8 more picks.

Eli makes plays for his team when he needs to win.....alex made a play years ago on a drive in Seattle...eli won them the superbowl stats be damned on that account...but the basic point is everyone else observes that Alex smith is what holds us back...yet only people on the zone think defend the guy. I live in southrn califonia and ther are a fair share of 9er fans here and I can honestly day not one of them sees anything in Alex. I just wanna cut ties and move on rather then waste another season...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Eli makes plays for his team when he needs to win.....alex made a play years ago on a drive in Seattle...eli won them the superbowl stats be damned on that account...but the basic point is everyone else observes that Alex smith is what holds us back...yet only people on the zone think defend the guy. I live in southrn califonia and ther are a fair share of 9er fans here and I can honestly day not one of them sees anything in Alex. I just wanna cut ties and move on rather then waste another season...

lol NYG fans were saying the same thing about Eli before they won the superbowl. Eli didn't win that superbowl btw, their amazing defensive line did. Eli contributed but he wasn't the main reason they won. That 17 points wouldn't have been nearly enough had the Pats offense dominated like they did all year. And he got a little help in that play by a guy named Tyree.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I expected a lot of posts in the same vernacular that Dez Bryant speaks. The cowboys forum posts were surprisingly eloquent.

[ Edited by Nuns on Apr 30, 2010 at 07:12:36 ]

• flow
  • Veteran
Dez Bryant is winded, out of shape
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Dez was slow in college, and slow during his entire pre-draft training promotions, he's like an unpolished/less-dedicated Boldin. -But overall, he'll be an average #2 (IMO Miles Austin is still the best WR on that team, and very underrated).

The big difference between Dez & Crabs is that Crabtree possesses natural talents (and I'm not being a homer, he possessed NFL readiness within his first year of college) which is why he went top-10 (massive ball-hawking instincts, great route skills, dedicated player, and freakishly long arms/vice-hands which sling back perfectly to catch out-routs).

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 30, 2010 at 13:00:03 ]
Cowboys | Dez Bryant injures ankle in rookie minicamp
Comment (0)
Sun, 02 May 2010 13:38:16 -0400

Dallas Cowboys rookie WR Dez Bryant (ankle) suffered a twisted left ankle Sunday, May 2, during the team's rookie minicamp practice, reports Calvin Watkins, of ESPNDallas.com. Bryant walked gingerly to the team's bus with his left shoe off. The injury does not appear serious, as head coach Wade Phillips said Bryant was fine.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0moERSNqS
Originally posted by Dominate:
Cowboys | Dez Bryant injures ankle in rookie minicamp
Comment (0)
Sun, 02 May 2010 13:38:16 -0400

Dallas Cowboys rookie WR Dez Bryant (ankle) suffered a twisted left ankle Sunday, May 2, during the team's rookie minicamp practice, reports Calvin Watkins, of ESPNDallas.com. Bryant walked gingerly to the team's bus with his left shoe off. The injury does not appear serious, as head coach Wade Phillips said Bryant was fine.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0moERSNqS

That dude is either horribly out of shape or he's getting really cheap on his warm-up progressions; maybe a little of both.
Share 49ersWebzone