LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Raider fans comparing McClain to Willis.

Shop 49ers game tickets
McClain is not as fast but should be a good player.
dude, i have to admit most of these people are saying that PW52 is the best ILB in the league and they all PRAY McClain is anywhere near Willis. Respect! He will never be Willis, though.. Willis is one of a kind.
  • TheNatureBoy
  • Info N/A
As a Bama Fan who has SEEN McClain play on numerous occasions in person, it's not that unreasonable to think McClain can be as good. I know its blasphemy to think any linebacker will measure up against Willis, but McClain has a chance. McClain is three inches taller and twenty pounds heavier and was a tackling machine for Bama and led them to the BCS Championship. McClain was also the unquestionable leader on the defense and is a very cerebal player as well as being very instinctual. While Willis seems to shy away from being a leader on the defense as evidenced by his reluctance to wear the mic and get everybody lined up on defense... I'm just saying. The only real difference I see is straight line speed but time of course will tell Go Niners and RTR.
Originally posted by TheNatureBoy:
As a Bama Fan who has SEEN McClain play on numerous occasions in person, it's not that unreasonable to think McClain can be as good. I know its blasphemy to think any linebacker will measure up against Willis, but McClain has a chance. McClain is three inches taller and twenty pounds heavier and was a tackling machine for Bama and led them to the BCS Championship. McClain was also the unquestionable leader on the defense and is a very cerebal player as well as being very instinctual. While Willis seems to shy away from being a leader on the defense as evidenced by his reluctance to wear the mic and get everybody lined up on defense... I'm just saying. The only real difference I see is straight line speed but time of course will tell Go Niners and RTR.

Bet you $20 McClain won't win DROY and make the Pro Bowl next year?
Originally posted by TheNatureBoy:

Really?? NO willis is a leader through his play and work ethic..he gave up the mic so that players in the secondary that can see the whole field can call plays and it allows him to be let loose..nice try
  • evil
  • Veteran
How is this any different than when we drafted Willis and you all compared Willis to Ray Lewis before he even played a down ?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
How is this any different than when we drafted Willis and you all compared Willis to Ray Lewis before he even played a down ?

Because it just is.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
McClain better than Willis? Whatcha think about that Crab?

haha....what a great draft memory.
Im not gonna lie, but when I 1st heard we might take him I instantly thought 2 young bulls running the middle would be awesome.

But the difference is P Willy is a 2 time pro bowler and is voted the best LB in the game

McClain hasnt played a down in the NFL

• BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Im not gonna lie, but when I 1st heard we might take him I instantly thought 2 young bulls running the middle would be awesome.

But the difference is P Willy is a 2 time pro bowler and is voted the best LB in the game

that makes no sense... are you knocking mcclain cuz he hasn't played in the league yet?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

that makes no sense... are you knocking mcclain cuz he hasn't played in the league yet?

no im knocking on Raider fans.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
To me, he plays too high for a LB. He is going to need to work on that in order to even be close to Willis. Plus, he has nowhere near the speed that Willis has.

wow made it through half the vid not impressed at all

Big and fast is all I see

Arm tackled everyone didn't see him lay a shoulder into anyone not even a QB

Took 2nd 3rd and 4th effort arm tackles to bring down RB when he didn't fall down or overrun them

When they drafted McClain I knew them Jealous b***hes wanted a Patrick Willis of their own...BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE PATRICK WILLIS, and he's all ours
Share 49ersWebzone