There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I wonder if Boone could do as well, if so I might consider trading him...I know he is great, but I'm not blown away by his work, sure he is no Kwame Harris, but who is?

That's actually what I wanted all along. Staley moves to RT, Boone to LT, Kilgore at C and a monster battle at the two guard spots with Davis, Iupati, Looney and Seymour + draft pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's actually what I wanted all along. Staley moves to RT, Boone to LT, Kilgore at C and a monster battle at the two guard spots with Davis, Iupati, Looney and Seymour + draft pick.

Not sure if serious.
Draft Gabe Jackson 6'4" 335 Miss State

This guy is a terrific player. He is going to have an excellent NFL career.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Not sure if serious.

played every single snap there as a rookie. in theory it could be done but you'd have like 3 or 4 new starters in new places, dont know if thats the best thing,
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
Injury aside we don't have to worry about the tackle position for quite some time. I'm jacked to see how Kilgore plays. I think Goodwin was the weak link on this line and we're going to see a much improved line across the board with Kilgore in there. Iupati especially. He takes a lot of heat around here with his pass protection but if he stays healthy I think he has a monster season.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Injury aside we don't have to worry about the tackle position for quite some time. I'm jacked to see how Kilgore plays. I think Goodwin was the weak link on this line and we're going to see a much improved line across the board with Kilgore in there. Iupati especially. He takes a lot of heat around here with his pass protection but if he stays healthy I think he has a monster season.

in a contract year, yeah i expect him to do very well and then ca$h in a 45-50 million dollar deal with some other team in the offseason.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I guess you and I have different interpretations of his play last year. Granted most of the line was a bit off in comparison to recent years , but his play was noticeably worse last year.

He surrendered a career low 6.5 sacks and PFF had him ranked in the top ten at Right tackle.

If anything was subpar it was our interior Oline play.

Ok, maybe inconsistent is a better word? i don't know, i can only go by what i see. he seemed to give up a lot of pressures last year. didn't seem to be as dominant as i was used to seeing. Maybe it was just the line as a whole, because they all seemed pretty inconsistent. And yes, i agree the interior was definately subpar last year. I am hoping a lot of that had to do with Iupati's injuries and Goodwin getting up there in age.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Not sure if serious.

played every single snap there as a rookie. in theory it could be done but you'd have like 3 or 4 new starters in new places, dont know if thats the best thing,

I'm aware Staley played there as a rookie. But a lot has changed since then.

One being Staley is now an elite left tackle. Moving an elite left tackle to right tackle makes no sense at all. The only reason he started out as a Right Tackle is because we overpayed Jonas Jennings.

Not sure if serious.

One being Staley is now an elite left tackle. Moving an elite left tackle to right tackle makes no sense at all. The only reason he started out as a Right Tackle is because we overpayed Jonas Jennings.

this! why on Earth would we want to move Joe Staley?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:

Not sure if serious.

this! why on Earth would we want to move Joe Staley?

Joe Staley is a top 3 LT in the National Football League. Don't F with that.
So Anthony Davis tore his biceps and labrum against Indy last year and just had corrective surgery

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/459446841738674176

https://twitter.com/Tre9er/status/459449706767466496
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM ]
Well maybe this explains his drop off. Sure wish he had been healthy vs Avril!
What the...
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well maybe this explains his drop off. Sure wish he had been healthy vs Avril!

MFKR...we could have used a healthy OL instead of getting abuse from the right side
Why didn't he get operated on sooner?