LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He should get off twitter and focus on improving after a pretty subpar year. I was pretty disappointed in his play last year.

Good thing he didn't have a subpar year.

I guess you and I have different interpretations of his play last year. Granted most of the line was a bit off in comparison to recent years , but his play was noticeably worse last year.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 20, 2014 at 6:12 PM ]
He should get off twitter and focus on improving after a pretty subpar year. I was pretty disappointed in his play last year.

I guess you and I have different interpretations of his play last year. Granted most of the line was a bit off in comparison to recent years , but his play was noticeably worse last year.

Is Kwame Harris available. I forget what a good RT looks like.
Originally posted by walker807:

Is Kwame Harris available. I forget what a good RT looks like.

I don't recall saying AD is a bad RT, quite the contrary, I think he's a top 2-3 RT . What I said was he had a down year IMO, very inconsistent.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 20, 2014 at 6:35 PM ]
I wonder if Boone could do as well, if so I might consider trading him...I know he is great, but I'm not blown away by his work, sure he is no Kwame Harris, but who is?
A Kwame Harris only comes around once a decade
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
A Kwame Harris only comes around once a decade

And that was 11 years ago. Can we get the next Kwame Harris?

Holy s**t I can't believe that was 11 years ago! Woods was 10!?
double post
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]

He surrendered a career low 6.5 sacks and PFF had him ranked in the top ten at Right tackle.

If anything was subpar it was our interior Oline play.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 21, 2014 at 6:49 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I wonder if Boone could do as well, if so I might consider trading him...I know he is great, but I'm not blown away by his work, sure he is no Kwame Harris, but who is?

That's actually what I wanted all along. Staley moves to RT, Boone to LT, Kilgore at C and a monster battle at the two guard spots with Davis, Iupati, Looney and Seymour + draft pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's actually what I wanted all along. Staley moves to RT, Boone to LT, Kilgore at C and a monster battle at the two guard spots with Davis, Iupati, Looney and Seymour + draft pick.

Not sure if serious.

Draft Gabe Jackson 6'4" 335 Miss State

This guy is a terrific player. He is going to have an excellent NFL career.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Not sure if serious.

played every single snap there as a rookie. in theory it could be done but you'd have like 3 or 4 new starters in new places, dont know if thats the best thing,
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
Injury aside we don't have to worry about the tackle position for quite some time. I'm jacked to see how Kilgore plays. I think Goodwin was the weak link on this line and we're going to see a much improved line across the board with Kilgore in there. Iupati especially. He takes a lot of heat around here with his pass protection but if he stays healthy I think he has a monster season.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Injury aside we don't have to worry about the tackle position for quite some time. I'm jacked to see how Kilgore plays. I think Goodwin was the weak link on this line and we're going to see a much improved line across the board with Kilgore in there. Iupati especially. He takes a lot of heat around here with his pass protection but if he stays healthy I think he has a monster season.

in a contract year, yeah i expect him to do very well and then ca$h in a 45-50 million dollar deal with some other team in the offseason.
Originally posted by SFrush:

He surrendered a career low 6.5 sacks and PFF had him ranked in the top ten at Right tackle.

If anything was subpar it was our interior Oline play.

Ok, maybe inconsistent is a better word? i don't know, i can only go by what i see. he seemed to give up a lot of pressures last year. didn't seem to be as dominant as i was used to seeing. Maybe it was just the line as a whole, because they all seemed pretty inconsistent. And yes, i agree the interior was definately subpar last year. I am hoping a lot of that had to do with Iupati's injuries and Goodwin getting up there in age.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone