LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
This is exactly how Kwame Harris started out. He sucked his first pre season game and everybody said "oh he's young and he will get better". Well the getting better never did happen. Hopefully this guy actually does get better, but from all my years of watching football you can usually tell right away if a dude can play or not.

This is exactly how Kwame Harris started out. He sucked his first pre season game and everybody said "oh he's young and he will get better". Well the getting better never did happen. Hopefully this guy actually does get better, but from all my years of watching football you can usually tell right away if a dude can play or not.

dude your so damn negative
Man, Sus!

Loosen up a bit or eventually it will come out a diamond.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Sometimes the truth hurts.

I tend to agree. Who knows what the future holds, but for a guy thats been at the 49ers facility for the last 3 months he sure looked raw. Run blocking seemed ok, but he really seemed to struggle with the outside passrush.

I just dont know about drafting very young players (20). Football is the ultimate mans game. He may be ready physically, but there is a huge emotional/maturity aspect to being good as well.

Thats probably one of Susweel's more objective posts .

But yes, I have to agree with him. I never wanted AD from the first draft mocks having us grab him.

My problem was that his feet werent quick laterally at all. His comp in college wasnt great and he still got beat a few too many. His hands are good all around to me.

Davis is very suspect in improving his game with his feet. Its up to him, not Solari.

I train for speed myself and no matter how much technique anyone teaches me, only I will make myself faster by the workouts I do.

Thats his worst trait to me but everyone else seems to think he moves quick for 315+.
His feet werent' the main problem. It's was the lack of him his hands, and extending his arms. He needs to be firing his arms out to engage the defender. Instead he's letting the defender engage him. If he gets his hands up then when those speed rushers come you just slide your feet and push them past the pocket. instead the defender is getting to his chest and it's a wrap once that happens.
Originally posted by lamontb:
His feet werent' the main problem. It's was the lack of him his hands, and extending his arms. He needs to be firing his arms out to engage the defender. Instead he's letting the defender engage him. If he gets his hands up then when those speed rushers come you just slide your feet and push them past the pocket. instead the defender is getting to his chest and it's a wrap once that happens.

I like your explanation, but you dont think Solari tells him that? I guess we will see next week.

The truth? He didn't play well yesterday, but it was one preseason game.

Those people who take preseason games too seriously, in a positive or negative light, need to get a clue.

Give the guy a fair chance before you s**t on the guy.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I tend to agree. Who knows what the future holds, but for a guy thats been at the 49ers facility for the last 3 months he sure looked raw. Run blocking seemed ok, but he really seemed to struggle with the outside passrush.

I just dont know about drafting very young players (20). Football is the ultimate mans game. He may be ready physically, but there is a huge emotional/maturity aspect to being good as well.

From watching JTO play in the preseason a couple years ago

People thought he was jesus

Takes more than 1 game to determine a career

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Aug 16, 2010 at 17:43:06 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Schulzy:

The truth? He didn't play well yesterday, but it was one preseason game.

Those people who take preseason games too seriously, in a positive or negative light, need to get a clue.

Give the guy a fair chance before you s**t on the guy.

Im not s**tting on him, I hope he gets better but you gotta admit he looked awful yesterday. I dont think he should be starting right now, he is not ready yet. Sometimes throwing guys in too early actually hurts their development.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

From watching JTO play in the preseason a couple years ago

People thought he was jesus

[b]Takes more than 1 game to determine a career[/
b]

Do you really think that I disagree with that statement?

I would like to see him continue starting and see how he develops. I am just a little disappointed.
Dam, I m just not sure i believe in giving up on a 23 year old kid. Defensive lineman with his size and athletic ability are so hard to come by. Tyson Jackson in KC was such a high pick and is still not doing much.

I do trust singletary though, so maybe he knew something we dont.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Dam, I m just not sure i believe in giving up on a 23 year old kid. Defensive lineman with his size and athletic ability are so hard to come by. Tyson Jackson in KC was such a high pick and is still not doing much.

I do trust singletary though, so maybe he knew something we dont.

Share 49ersWebzone