LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFrush:
Brooks did mail it in against the Giants last season. That's not dumb, it's obvious.

Give him a break he was fat.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hopper:
The same Ahmad Brooks that quit DURING a game? That's a million times worse than what Davis is doing.

Dumb.

And broke a bottle across a teammates nose, and compromising situations at Ray macs house. But the real scumbag is the guy who retires because of injuries. Willis is a real POS too!

And dumber comment.

you really think AD is worse than Brooks? LOLOLOL you're such a homer its comical

How does this have anything to do with being a homer

Brooks is actually a leader now, AD quit the team... After the draft... And the team was looking for ways to replace him before that due to his lack of motivation...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Sep 5, 2015 at 12:53 AM ]
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
The same Ahmad Brooks that quit DURING a game? That's a million times worse than what Davis is doing.

Dumb.

And broke a bottle across a teammates nose, and compromising situations at Ray macs house. But the real scumbag is the guy who retires because of injuries. Willis is a real POS too!

And dumber comment.

you really think AD is worse than Brooks? LOLOLOL you're such a homer its comical

Brooks is actually a leader now, AD quit the team... After the draft... And the team was looking for ways to replace him before that due to his lack of motivation...

because if Brooks wasnt in a 9er uniform he wouldn't be saying that. AD quit because of health issues, and the guy is pissed because he didnt do it at the right time? LOLOL. What Brooks has done throughout his career is waaaay worse than what AD did. Brooks has quit on his team DURING a game, broken bottles across a teammates nose when the teammate is trying to HELP him. I dont even need to bring up the stuff from Ray Mac's house or being dismissed from Virginia. Brooks is a POS and i cant wait for him to get dropped from the team. LEADER LOL
because if Brooks wasnt in a 9er uniform he wouldn't be saying that. AD quit because of health issues, and the guy is pissed because he didnt do it at the right time? LOLOL. What Brooks has done throughout his career is waaaay worse than what AD did. Brooks has quit on his team DURING a game, broken bottles across a teammates nose when the teammate is trying to HELP him. I dont even need to bring up the stuff from Ray Mac's house or being dismissed from Virginia. Brooks is a POS and i cant wait for him to get dropped from the team. LEADER LOL

Do you think it was "health" or money or both??
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by CplPile:
Seattle fan here. Just curious what the general opinion on Davis retiring has been for you guys. Not just talking about on the board here but in the community, work, etc.

Obviously Seattle has a lingering mess w/ this Chancellor hold out and fan opinions vary pretty drastically on the topic. Some are really upset with the guy and some just sort of accept it as a possible loss for part of or the entire season.

When I saw the Davis retirement stuff go down, I was really surprised but didn't really think I could blame the man if he just wanted to give his body/mind a break. Guess that's how I'm approaching the Chancellor thing to a certain extent. I don't know if it's purely about money or if it's about health and security so I'll just wait and see. The fan reaction was more shocking than the hold out for me.

Not to derail or anything, just curious if someone might share their observation in their corner of the world on the topic.

In any other year, no big deal. In fact, I totally agree with the guy regarding giving the body time to heal. I don't necessarily agree with him that sitting out will help the brain trauma he's already undergone. That said, this is the worst possible year he could have retired. Prior to him retiring, we still had a Superbowl contending team with enough depth to overcome the talent lost. But AD, Aldon, and Brooks finding ways off the team has really put us over the edge in lack of talent at certain positions. So selfishly, I think that if AD wants to come back next year, he should just hit the gym right now and come back ASAP. If he wants to quit for good, no problemo, I couldn't blame him for not wanting to continue to subject his body to this violent sport. But it just seems kind of a poor excuse to take some time off since brain trauma only gets worse with more impact and cannot get better over time. Either you commit to quitting or you commit to f**king up your body for money. The middle ground is kind of lame.

Or let us know BEFORE the draft and FA starts

The timing seems like it would be the toughest part of it to swallow. Think I read that the OL has looked pretty good in run blocking though. Does that help to minimize some of the sting a bit?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

lol sure he is
[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Do you think it was "health" or money or both??

He already said he didn't retire due to head issues...

lol sure he is

He quit 1 game because he was benched. Cuz he has passion, he wanted to play so bad he didn't take it well. That is a player I want...
Yes people overcome and become leaders when the team needs them, kinda how this thing works...
AD is a child. Lost his passion under Harbs. He is a Niner, and I can't wait til he comes back...

But he is far less of a leader then Brooks.
He quit 1 game because he was benched. Cuz he has passion, he wanted to play so bad he didn't take it well. That is a player I want...
Yes people overcome and become leaders when the team needs them, kinda how this thing works...
AD is a child. Lost his passion under Harbs. He is a Niner, and I can't wait til he comes back...

Which he only has himself to blame for that happening. You show out of shape and don't produce. The next man up will take your job.

Which he only has himself to blame for that happening. You show out of shape and don't produce. The next man up will take your job.

Well that has nothing to do with the point...Anyway it was a heat of the moment thing he admitted he was wrong after the game and apologized...
He showed up in excellent shape this year, and to the one's who has posted...'Not to mention the rape and assault in Ray Mac's house ', move to another country cuz in this one it's innocent until proven guilty, your declaration of guilt before the process makes you ignorant. Not to mention you mixed two cases together

Brooks gonna ball week 1...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Sep 6, 2015 at 12:14 AM ]

Well that has nothing to do with the point...Anyway it was a heat of the moment thing he admitted he was wrong after the game and apologized...
He showed up in excellent shape this year, and to the one's who has posted...'Not to mention the rape and assault in Ray Mac's house ', move to another country cuz in this one it's innocent until proven guilty, your declaration of guilt before the process makes you ignorant. Not to mention you mixed two cases together

Brooks gonna ball week 1...

I hope so.
  • bors
  • Veteran
bet he was wishing he was blocking for us now
Originally posted by bors:

I was thing the same thing. Anthony Davis who?
Originally posted by bors:

Agreed. Taking him back next year would send the wrong message to the team.

After 1 game? Against the Vikings? When the offense put up 20 points?
Share 49ersWebzone