There are 189 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Obviously the 9ers had Davis rated much higher than Bulaga. Otherwise they wouldn't have cared if somebody jumped them to take him before they got a chance. Instead they decided that it was worth moving up to ensure that they got Davis.

The two players are rated differently, they play the same position but they are not the same player, and the 49ers wanted Davis, not Bulaga. Quality is better than quantity.
Found a great video on Davis after he was drafted.
Anthony Davis on being drafted
Originally posted by saniner:
Found a great video on Davis after he was drafted.
Anthony Davis on being drafted

this is dope. he definitely has some cockiness and we need that
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by baltien:
Funny. Imagine if we stayed at 13 and some other team jumped in front of us to get Davis. I guarantee we'd be hearing about "why didn't we just trade up? Our front office teh suxors!!!!!" for the next five years. Bottom line is this, we NEEDED O-line in the worst way and we attacked that problem head on. No, Iupati and Davis aren't sexy picks because they can't return INT's or break out of the backfield for 80+ yards.

But they fulfilled not only a want, but a NEED.

Obviously we saw something in this kid we really like to trade up for him. Why even take the risk of someone moving in front of you if you really believe that this kid is 'it'? It was even reported after the draft that there were in fact other teams looking to trade up (in front of us) to get him. It was the RIGHT DECISION. Get over it.

I swear San Fran has the most fickle fans....

I'm bummed to lose the 4th rounder, but this post is spot on. Well done!

This
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I wanted Bulaga as well, but Anthony Davis has the potential to be the best of all tackles drafted today.

So if he along wit Iupati can learn Solari's scheme we will surely be the best team in the west
2010 the division comes home.....
Originally posted by nickytheniner:
Trading up two picks and losing a 4th round pic was just flat out dumb to get davis. yes we did target him but theres no way the broncos or dolphins would have taken him and if the broncos traded there pic and they did pick davis we could have picked iupati with the 13th and bulaga with the 7th

I know I'm beating a dead horse but...

Quote:
[Comment From DannyDanny: ]
Hey Matt, Just wondering if you heard any reason why they needed to jump up to get Davis?
Friday April 23, 2010 11:18 Danny

MattB_49:
Yes -- the Niners knew Denver and Miami were looking to trade down. they didn't want Dallas and GB trading up and stealing Davis. it was an aggressive move by Baalke.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
2010 the division comes home.....

That deserves BOLD and Underline. I can't wait!
Originally posted by baltien:
Funny. Imagine if we stayed at 13 and some other team jumped in front of us to get Davis. I guarantee we'd be hearing about "why didn't we just trade up? Our front office teh suxors!!!!!" for the next five years. Bottom line is this, we NEEDED O-line in the worst way and we attacked that problem head on. No, Iupati and Davis aren't sexy picks because they can't return INT's or break out of the backfield for 80+ yards.

But they fulfilled not only a want, but a NEED.

Obviously we saw something in this kid we really like to trade up for him. Why even take the risk of someone moving in front of you if you really believe that this kid is 'it'? It was even reported after the draft that there were in fact other teams looking to trade up (in front of us) to get him. It was the RIGHT DECISION. Get over it.

I swear San Fran has the most fickle fans....

I'm bummed to lose the 4th rounder, but this post is spot on. Well done!

nevermind.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Apr 23, 2010 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
i like the davis pick, just dont want to see him in #75 cus if he struggles it will take 2 seconds for the jonas jennings remarks

Hey crabman.

Hey earl

• titan
  • Veteran
woops
[ Edited by titan on Apr 24, 2010 at 11:37 AM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

spammin with the dance of joy!
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

spammin with the dance of joy!

that's how excited I am. I wanted to give each draft pick/UDFA pickup the Baalke love.

Share 49ersWebzone