LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erred:
We are all so so so bored, that the OP came up with a scnario that is just a thought, but one of the worst thoghts I have heardd in a long time.

The niners have two 1st round picks that are OT that are signed for the next 5 years, FINALLY the line can get some stability at the bookends. Now someone wants to remove that book end and put this high fdraft pick at guard. I feel like pulling a Jim Mora and say Play offs, play offs are you kidding me.

Are you kidding me, you want to have the niners now have to draft another RT or FA.

I think it's insane to try him out a guard. He is a tackle, plain and simple. I doubt this will happen, but if there are any moves, Staleyand Davis may flip flop, but I'd like to see how Davis does with another year at RT. On the subject of Staley being at RT, what's everyone's opinion on what was Staley's best season?
Quote:
Anthony Davis just arrived with Anthony Dixon. Davis was carrying a playbook.

MB twitter

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Quote:

MB twitter

Some of the best news I've heard all offseason. Thanks for the twitt.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Quote:

MB twitter

Good for him!
WOW. This whole thread has gone bonkers. The guy has played ONE year and was making strides. He started every game last year as a rookie playing a demanding position.

Whats with the zone these days. The guy is YOUNG. At least give the guy a freakin' chance. WOW.

This place drives me crazy. WHen people don't like the pick to begin with, they go out of thier way to try and make themselves right to call a guy a bust before he's even had a chance.

When Aldon Smith comes in and doesn't break the sack ecord as a rookie, look out. He'll be called the biggest DE Bust since Aundray Bruce.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
WOW. This whole thread has gone bonkers. The guy has played ONE year and was making strides. He started every game last year as a rookie playing a demanding position.

Whats with the zone these days. The guy is YOUNG. At least give the guy a freakin' chance. WOW.

This place drives me crazy. WHen people don't like the pick to begin with, they go out of thier way to try and make themselves right to call a guy a bust before he's even had a chance.

When Aldon Smith comes in and doesn't break the sack ecord as a rookie, look out. He'll be called the biggest DE Bust since Aundray Bruce.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Quote:

MB twitter

The best news is that alex is coming back, 2nd best news is that crabtree just showed up to practice.

this comes a close 3.rd
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I am just starting to grasp how touchy fans on this forum can be. Are we seriously calling this guy a bust because of what is NOT on his twitter? Are we actual sports fans in here?
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'll admit it's discouraging to see all the tweets about random s**t, but honestly, when I was 21 I wasn't that focused either.

What we KNOW is that he struggled mightily last year, but gained some momentum towards the end of the year. We also KNOW he hasn't been at the team activities.

What we don't know is what he is doing/or not doing to keep in shape and reviewing his technique. I was hoping for a Pro-Bowl caliber player when we drafted him, but now I'm hoping for a serviceable starter, with fewer mistakes than last year. Hopefully, he wouldn't be a liability in pass protection (too often).

doubt he is doing anything. if comes back to college fat and outta shape when he is working to get to the NFL what do you think he is doing now. I bet if the season doesnt start until the 2nd preseaon game he doesnt start because he is too outta shape.

He put in enough work in college to be a top 15 pick. A lot of linemen are prone to being "overweight" just from their natural metabolism. This can be as little as 10 to 15 pounds when discussed in relation to football. When your playing weight is 330 pounds this is not as big an issue as you are looking at it as. The guy has displayed nothing to suggest he doesn't have a good work ethic

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
I'll admit it's discouraging to see all the tweets about random s**t, but honestly, when I was 21 I wasn't that focused either.

What we KNOW is that he struggled mightily last year, but gained some momentum towards the end of the year. We also KNOW he hasn't been at the team activities.

What we don't know is what he is doing/or not doing to keep in shape and reviewing his technique. I was hoping for a Pro-Bowl caliber player when we drafted him, but now I'm hoping for a serviceable starter, with fewer mistakes than last year. Hopefully, he wouldn't be a liability in pass protection (too often).

doubt he is doing anything. if comes back to college fat and outta shape when he is working to get to the NFL what do you think he is doing now. I bet if the season doesnt start until the 2nd preseaon game he doesnt start because he is too outta shape.

He put in enough work in college to be a top 15 pick. A lot of linemen are prone to being "overweight" just from their natural metabolism. This can be as little as 10 to 15 pounds when discussed in relation to football. When your playing weight is 330 pounds this is not as big an issue as you are looking at it as. The guy has displayed nothing to suggest he doesn't have a good work ethic

Agree with this. If anything he needs to bend with his knees more and learn to push the defender by the qb. He's got the talent i could see that all season, it's just when will his mind and feet and hands all start working togather and just play naturally which might take some time since he moved from lt to rt! Hopefully with some time and good coaching we can get the best out of him... O yeah and racheals losser ass not starting next to him anymore will also improve him because he won't be doing 2 jobs!
Matt Barrows: Anthony Davis hired a personal strength coach this offseaon. Said he played last year at 330 lbs. He's now at 328 w/ more muiscle, less fat.
Matt Barrows: Anthony Davis hired a personal strength coach this offseaon. Said he played last year at 330 lbs. He's now at 328 w/ more muiscle, less fat.

Good on him.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Good on him.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Good on him.

Share 49ersWebzone