LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Rams to trade Carriker to Washington

Shop 49ers game tickets
I just heard they swapped 5th and 7th rd picks
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I can't believe people wanted him over Patrick Willis.

I was one of those. I wasn't upset with the Willis pick, I just would've rather had Carriker.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I also thought Darko Milicic would have a better career than Lebron James lol

you're a better man than me...i would have taken that to my grave.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Carricker is a proto typical 3-4 DE....Not a 4-3 DT, he was mis used inf St Louis.

agreed

Yep. Misused is probably an understatement.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Nice trade for Washington, i think he can be solid as a 3-4 DE

I was one of those. I wasn't upset with the Willis pick, I just would've rather had Carriker.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I also thought Darko Milicic would have a better career than Lebron James lol

LMAO!
I'm suprised Maddog hasn't said I told you so. If memory serves and at my age it quite often doesn't, I believe he said that Carriker wasn't best suited for DT. I know I wanted Carriker until I saw some of Willis's high lites ,then I was on the fence.
I was never high on him. My first choice that draft was Landry but I knew he'd be gone. Well more like 1a and Willis was 1b.
I think Carriker is definitely a DE whether in a 4-3 or 3-4.
at the Rams. They could have drafted one of the other top 5 ranked players and selected Clausen in the 2nd round.

I bet they feel stupid for having drafted a QB at #1 and now will pass up the 2nd best QB in the draft.

That's like if we drafted Alex Smith and then Rogers was available in the 2nd.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

The funny thing about this is that Darko played overseas and NOBODY here in the US watched him play. So the fact that you thought some international player you've never seen was better than Lebron is just nuts.
He's just not good like i said when he got drafted he plays with no leverage for his height and doesn't use his hands well at all. things that you must have as a d lineman.

Share 49ersWebzone