LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Rams to trade Carriker to Washington

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I can't believe people wanted him over Patrick Willis.

I was one of those. I wasn't upset with the Willis pick, I just would've rather had Carriker.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I also thought Darko Milicic would have a better career than Lebron James lol

nobody in the drafting world is right all the time. And nobody is exempt from being made to look up straight up stupid at times. You can only judge a person based on a body of work, not any single speculation.

I was kind of neck and neck between the 2. I will admit, that it was only because we had coach Sing that I settled on Willis
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im not gonna sit and here and say I wanted Willis the whole time, but i do remember i didnt what Adam Carriker

I will ever since Singletary said he had a man crush on him at the sr bowl

Actually I do want the Rams to get better, somewhat. The NFL West has been the laughingstock of the NFL for quite some time. If the worst team get's better, it can make our team play better.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I can't believe people wanted him over Patrick Willis.

I was one of those. I wasn't upset with the Willis pick, I just would've rather had Carriker.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I also thought Darko Milicic would have a better career than Lebron James lol

So your sports knowledge is pretty much garbage around here.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Im not gonna sit and here and say I wanted Willis the whole time, but i do remember i didnt what Adam Carriker

I didnt know anything about Patrick willis, i remember now, i wanted us to get Leon hall

I didnt know anything about Patrick willis, i remember now, i wanted us to get Leon hall

when I really perked my ears is when coach Sing was straight picking on him at a sr bowl practice I was bored enough to be watching. Well you know what that means when a coach looks like he is being harder on somebody than everybody else.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I was hoping that he would fall and they could snatch him later in the 1st
Maybe he's a better fit as a 3-4 DE that can occupy blockers and clog up the lanes? The Redskins are switching to a 3-4 and everyone knows Haynesworth wants none of that.

I was leaning on Carriker until I saw that college video highlight/remix of Willis on youtube and we're so damn lucky he was available when we picked him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i remember most of us were on that bandwagon for a while

Not me, I was always on the Willis wagon.
Carricker is a proto typical 3-4 DE....Not a 4-3 DT, he was mis used inf St Louis.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Not surprising, Shanahan has wanted him since the draft and reached for Moss for the same position. That draft was his undoing. I never got whay STL took him to begin with, not a fit. If he can stay healthy, which I doubt, he could be decent in that 3-4.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Carricker is a proto typical 3-4 DE....Not a 4-3 DT, he was mis used inf St Louis.

agreed
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Maybe he's a better fit as a 3-4 DE that can occupy blockers and clog up the lanes? The Redskins are switching to a 3-4 and everyone knows Haynesworth wants none of that.

I was leaning on Carriker until I saw that college video highlight/remix of Willis on youtube and we're so damn lucky he was available when we picked him.

We are very lucky. Just the year before AJ hawk went 5th overall ahaed of VD. And he isnt half the LB Pwillie was. Other teams were slipping on Willis, big time!
schefter just said they swapped 5ths.

rams moved up 23 spots in 5th round,

washington got rams 5th plus carriker.

wow
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
schefter just said they swapped 5ths.

rams moved up 23 spots in 5th round,

washington got rams 5th plus carriker.

wow

LOL, talk about giving a player away!
Share 49ersWebzone