There are 262 users in the forums

Osi Umenyiora for mid round pick?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Via Rotoworld:

"The Giants will reportedly be willing to shop Osi Umenyiora on draft day if they select Jason Pierre-Paul with the 15th overall pick.
Umenyiora "can be had for the right price," according to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post. Though Umenyiora is coming off a poor season, he is due manageable money over the life of his contract and could probably use a change of scenery. He may also be available for as little as a mid-round pick."

would you?
hmmm....maybe? depends on who we get in the 1st, I guess. but its intriguing.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
does he even fit in the 3-4??? i dont think so
wtf, one disappointing season and they're shopping him ?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
does he even fit in the 3-4??? i dont think so

he cant be any worse in space than TBC
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
wtf, one disappointing season and they're shopping him ?

He's pissed off about not starting last year. He's been complaining since he was benched which is probably getting on the Giants nerves.
get him!!
for a fourth I'd say yes.
Can't be worse than LaBoy or Haralson. haha

How does he fit into our 3-4? He hasn't played OLB has he? He certainly wouldn't be playing DE in a 3-4.
can he play OLB??
Could be a good pick up. He was an all star before last year and could be a good pick up. The whole Giants D was a mess last year not just him. The whole D didn't like their new D coordinator. They fell apart when Spagnulo left. Osi would be coming in a good defense and some proven players so the transition would not be difficult.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The Rams make more sense than the 49ers to trade for him.

If they snag Cody in the 2nd round and trade for Osi for a 5th round pick, they could potentially have a D-line of the following:

DL: Long-Cody-Robbins-Umenyiora with Carriker rotating in there.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Could be a good pick up. He was an all star before last year and could be a good pick up. The whole Giants D was a mess last year not just him. The whole D didn't like their new D coordinator. They fell apart when Spagnulo left. Osi would be coming in a good defense and some proven players so the transition would not be difficult.

He'd be switching positions. Pay attention people.
Share 49ersWebzone