There are 101 users in the forums

Osi Umenyiora for mid round pick?

Via Rotoworld:

"The Giants will reportedly be willing to shop Osi Umenyiora on draft day if they select Jason Pierre-Paul with the 15th overall pick.
Umenyiora "can be had for the right price," according to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post. Though Umenyiora is coming off a poor season, he is due manageable money over the life of his contract and could probably use a change of scenery. He may also be available for as little as a mid-round pick."

would you?
hmmm....maybe? depends on who we get in the 1st, I guess. but its intriguing.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
does he even fit in the 3-4??? i dont think so
wtf, one disappointing season and they're shopping him ?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
does he even fit in the 3-4??? i dont think so

he cant be any worse in space than TBC
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
wtf, one disappointing season and they're shopping him ?

He's pissed off about not starting last year. He's been complaining since he was benched which is probably getting on the Giants nerves.
get him!!
for a fourth I'd say yes.
Can't be worse than LaBoy or Haralson. haha
How does he fit into our 3-4? He hasn't played OLB has he? He certainly wouldn't be playing DE in a 3-4.
can he play OLB??
Could be a good pick up. He was an all star before last year and could be a good pick up. The whole Giants D was a mess last year not just him. The whole D didn't like their new D coordinator. They fell apart when Spagnulo left. Osi would be coming in a good defense and some proven players so the transition would not be difficult.
The Rams make more sense than the 49ers to trade for him.

If they snag Cody in the 2nd round and trade for Osi for a 5th round pick, they could potentially have a D-line of the following:

DL: Long-Cody-Robbins-Umenyiora with Carriker rotating in there.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Could be a good pick up. He was an all star before last year and could be a good pick up. The whole Giants D was a mess last year not just him. The whole D didn't like their new D coordinator. They fell apart when Spagnulo left. Osi would be coming in a good defense and some proven players so the transition would not be difficult.

He'd be switching positions. Pay attention people.
Share 49erswebzone