LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Was that after his first Superbowl Victory, or Second Superbowl Victory?

Im not a huge fan of his, but I thought this topic was interesting because even with his troubles... he can play, and he's proven to be an above average QB, not elite, but still better than we currently have.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
They better not.

He is wildly overrated and a complete tool. I'll be thoroughly pissed if this went down and McNabb did not. And yes, I'm aware Ben is a lot younger but he's not that good of a QB at all.

Agreed in NJ. We dont need Mcnabb, and we dont need Ben. For once it's nice to focus more on what we do have, rather then all the what if's. We dont have time for that now, and any new QB coming in other than the ones we have now would be detrimental to our team growth in my opinion.

Some of us need to know how to stop messing with s**t. And right now, our QB spots, at least for now, are fixed. And they say if it aint broke dont fix it. We have other needs, and dont need to go all crazy, everytime there's talk about a vet QB being released. And yes i know it's just a should they go after Ben if this or that, and once again the answer is HELL NO.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We had better offer 17, or this franchise FAILS. Ben is an unquestioned star in this league. The Steelers are dumb for trying to trade him and the Niners are fools if they don't bend over for the Steelers to acquire him.

Seriously i doubt they trade him, i think they are just using this to scare Ben.

And if they do, I am not convinced 17 will do it. Or anywhere near it.

McNabb traded for a 2nd, Holmes traded for a 5th. I would think 17 would do it, although now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you can't trade picks that were not originally yours.. If not go ahead and offer 13 instead. If it takes more, then offer 13 and our 3rd, or 13 and next years 2.

Being open to trading a franchise QB is not the way to go about things if you are trying to curb certain behavior. I mean look how quickly things blew up in Denver with Cutler at the mention of trading him. Ben has the upper hand here. I don't imagine he really cares if he stays in Pitt. I mean there are MANY places I would rather live personally. I mean it's not like Pitt is a yearly contender like say the Pats or Colts are, although I suppose they are the next best thing.

Offer Smith and a 2nd or 3rd and I bet they would jump at the chance, the city is over Big Ben's antics in Pitt and fans have turned on him. Steelers are "Blue Collar" and he no longer represents that, so they would rather have a hard working QB than a playboy... and I as a niners fan would rather have a franchise QB than a "potential" starter in the league.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Obviously he's a good QB but I wouldn't want him on our team. There's certain guys you just can't root for, and to me he's one of them.

Agreed. Maybe after the first rape allegation, but not after this one. Where there is smoke there is fire, and the Niners dont need the bad press when they are just starting to form a solid team.

Or girl#2 found out that girl#1 got financially rewarded somehow from her allegations and is a gold digger....

Rapists are what they are, and with his availability to potential box, I would imagine many more of these allegations would be out there if it were true. I truely believe that Ben is a victim and not the offender.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
We had better offer 17, or this franchise FAILS. Ben is an unquestioned star in this league. The Steelers are dumb for trying to trade him and the Niners are fools if they don't bend over for the Steelers to acquire him.

Seriously i doubt they trade him, i think they are just using this to scare Ben.

And if they do, I am not convinced 17 will do it. Or anywhere near it.

McNabb traded for a 2nd, Holmes traded for a 5th. I would think 17 would do it, although now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you can't trade picks that were not originally yours.. If not go ahead and offer 13 instead. If it takes more, then offer 13 and our 3rd, or 13 and next years 2.

Being open to trading a franchise QB is not the way to go about things if you are trying to curb certain behavior. I mean look how quickly things blew up in Denver with Cutler at the mention of trading him. Ben has the upper hand here. I don't imagine he really cares if he stays in Pitt. I mean there are MANY places I would rather live personally. I mean it's not like Pitt is a yearly contender like say the Pats or Colts are, although I suppose they are the next best thing.

McNabb got traded for a 2nd because hes a 33 yr old QB with one year left on his contract. If you want to look at what it would take to get a 2 time Superbowl winning QB, with 22 comeback victories and 100+ QB rating two out of the last three years... look at the Jay Culter trade. So it means either both our first round picks this year plus a 3rd next and Alex Smith or a 1st and 3rd this year and a first next year + Alex Smith.
Can someone please ask MM or MB on twitter abouth their thoughts?

I'm curious what they say.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Obviously he's a good QB but I wouldn't want him on our team. There's certain guys you just can't root for, and to me he's one of them.

Why? Because of these allegations from goldiggers? Like you wouldn't be out partying and laying all kinds of wood if you were in your 20's and had the ladies throwin snatch at you. Palease.

I think roethlisberger is a top 5 qb in the NFL right now, but s**t. Tiger just f**ked numerous women all over the USA, there wasn't even one rape charge from any of them. Two charges in almost 2 years? That's ridiculous. The dude got off free from the first accusation, but it looks like the commissioner wil have to punish
Ben now.

Also, who's saying every other qb in the NFL isn't f**kin with every fine ass 20 year old they can find? Thing is, not even one rape charge has been alleged agaisnt any of them.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Before the flood gates open......no. Until this s**t goes away I wouldn't touch him.

This would be stupid. Now would be the best time to make a trade for him, as his value will be slightly lower due to the circumstances.

Big Ben is an overrated QB, but he's still top 10, which is FAR better than anything we have on the roster. He has proven capable of winning the big game (as long as his defense is playing good football) and he would be a MUCH better option than any of our QBs if we want to make an impact in the playoffs. His contract is fair for a franchise QB, so that won't break a deal. I say we try as hard as we can do get this guy. If we don't, our front office has to be among the worst in the league.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I am guessing all the anti Big Ben posters in here are all Smith backers & think that Smith is a waaaaaaaay better QB then Rosthlisberger...........if Smith fails us for the last time this season lets see if everybody regrets not wanting to reach out for a good QB

i cant believe people are so naive , knowing that upgrading the QB position would make us a instant playoff contender while sticking with Smith leaves question marks all across boards.
h
Big Ben is a 2 TIME 2 TIME SUPERBOWL champion how can you doubt him & praise the garbage we have in Frisco

by the way if he was a rapist dont you think they would of charged him with something?

You need proof which they obviously didn't have

He's facing a possible 2 game suspension.....do you really trust that this wont happen again...its already happened twice.
They won't trade him. And even if they did the 49ers won't want him.

Are you serious? Why would that scare Ben? He'd just be on a different team. Still starting, still making the same money the Steelers tried to give him. Yeah, REAL scary.
They won't trade him. And even if they did the 49ers won't want him.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I am guessing all the anti Big Ben posters in here are all Smith backers & think that Smith is a waaaaaaaay better QB then Rosthlisberger...........if Smith fails us for the last time this season lets see if everybody regrets not wanting to reach out for a good QB

i cant believe people are so naive , knowing that upgrading the QB position would make us a instant playoff contender while sticking with Smith leaves question marks all across boards.
h
Big Ben is a 2 TIME 2 TIME SUPERBOWL champion how can you doubt him & praise the garbage we have in Frisco

by the way if he was a rapist dont you think they would of charged him with something?

Nail meet head
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
everybody keeps saying that this is a strategy to scare Roethlisberger.... but what would he be afraid of.... going to another team and whipping the steelers every chance he gets??? i think this would hurt the steelers a lot more than it would hurt mr. berger. he still going to be paid

what if they send him to the Rams. Id be scared to go to the Rams if i was Ben.

He doesnt get to choose who he is traded to

you're right, that would suck for him. but the money is still gonna be there for him, its the steelers having to find another franchise 2 time SB quarterback to replace ben, that i believe to be scarier...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Share 49ersWebzone