LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Report: Cardinals called Steelers about Roethlisberger
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 11:39 AM ET

If the Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to trade quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the Arizona Cardinals would make sense as trading partners, considering that head coach Ken Whisenhunt was the Steelers' offensive coordinator for the first three seasons of Roethlisberger's career.

John Clayton of ESPN said on 620 KTAR that the Cardinals are at least interested enough to give the Steelers a call.

"The Cardinals did check in. They called and made communication, " Clayton said on KTAR. "They did not make a real offer that is going to get anything done and I don't even know if it got to the offer stage".

The fact that the Cardinals called could be interpreted as a sign that Whisenhunt is less than completely confident in Matt Leinart being the right quarterback to run his offense. On the other hand, the fact that the Cardinals haven't gone so far as to make an offer is a sign that the Cardinals' interest in Roethlisberger is muted.

And if Whisenhunt doesn't want Roethlisberger badly enough for the Cardinals to make an offer, the chances are pretty good that every team in the league has determined that Roethlisberger is too toxic to trade for.

Link

That's scary.

Indeed.

If the Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to trade quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the Arizona Cardinals would make sense as trading partners, considering that head coach Ken Whisenhunt was the Steelers' offensive coordinator for the first three seasons of Roethlisberger's career.

John Clayton of ESPN said on 620 KTAR that the Cardinals are at least interested enough to give the Steelers a call.

"The Cardinals did check in. They called and made communication, " Clayton said on KTAR. "They did not make a real offer that is going to get anything done and I don't even know if it got to the offer stage".

The fact that the Cardinals called could be interpreted as a sign that Whisenhunt is less than completely confident in Matt Leinart being the right quarterback to run his offense. On the other hand, the fact that the Cardinals haven't gone so far as to make an offer is a sign that the Cardinals' interest in Roethlisberger is muted.

And if Whisenhunt doesn't want Roethlisberger badly enough for the Cardinals to make an offer, the chances are pretty good that every team in the league has determined that Roethlisberger is too toxic to trade for.

Link

Just noticed that quote.

The overreaction to the Roethlisberger situation is absolutely insane.

Link

Just noticed that quote.

It is, but there may be some merit to it - we'll see I suppose. But the fact that the Cardinals reached out is noteworthy. Who knows what can happen between now and tonight.

Quite honestly, I don't think the Steelers will move him. If this doesn't scare Ben "straight" then I'm not sure what will/would.
[ Edited by horsecore on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM ]

Link

Just noticed that quote.

It is, but there may be some merit to it - we'll see I suppose. But the fact that the Cardinals reached out is noteworthy. Who knows what can happen between now and tonight.

Quite honestly, I don't think the Steelers will move him. If this doesn't scare Ben "straight" then I'm not sure what will/would.

I don't think there's any merit to it.

A 28-year-old QB with 2 rings who has never committed a crime. I'd trade for him without even thinking about it.
If the Cards get the big Ben we're f**ked.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

only if we're drunk underage women who say "No."
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Arizona is full of whores.

Big Ben gets injured after a couple of good hits.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

from the whores?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

from the whores?

Big Ben to Fitz, Doucet, Breaston
  • evil
  • Veteran
Make it f**king rain Baalke. Call Blitzburgh and swap 13 for 18 and send them our 2011 1st rounder.

BTW all of you asking for ben to come to the 49ers..

If you watch any of his games, he takes a lot of sacks because he can't read a blitz. The redeeming factor to that, is that he has pocket presence and can usually slide and get away from the blitzer.
Jesus, if he goes to the Cards they are going to be right back in the hunt and a hulluva lot harder to beat
If the Cards pick him up, I am going to be extremely angry with out front office.
man in a way i want Big Ben & a way i dont
i want him because he has playoff experience but with all the troubles he bring with him it scares me
another reason i think the niners should pursue him is what if they dont make a play for him & Arizona pounces on him thats going to make it more difficult to win the west

im really torn on this one what should WE DO???

If there are seroius talks of him going to Arizona, Seattle or St. Louis(which we know isnt going down) then we should jump on it and take him from them. Then turn and trade him again Realistic? Probably not. Great move? Hell yeah
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone