LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Can somebody please give some reasonw why you dont want a 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback to play for our team? I just dont understand why you guys dont want him to play for us. How is he over-rated? Please explain!!!!

Ben Roethlisberger in 2009:
26 touchdowns
12 interceptions
4,328 Yards
100.5 QB Rating

He is a proven NFL QB.

Ales Smith put up similar numbers in far less games

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Can somebody please give some reasonw why you dont want a 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback to play for our team? I just dont understand why you guys dont want him to play for us. How is he over-rated? Please explain!!!!

26 touchdowns
12 interceptions
4,328 Yards
100.5 QB Rating

He is a proven NFL QB.

Alex Smith put up similar numbers in far less games

what games were you watching ???
Can somebody please give some reasonw why you dont want a 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback to play for our team?

Because Heitmann won't feel as comfortable with a rapist placing his hands under his nuts.
We win the Super Bowl this year if we sign him.

26 touchdowns
12 interceptions
4,328 Yards
100.5 QB Rating

He is a proven NFL QB.

Alex Smith put up similar numbers in far less games

Not really.

Smith's projected numbers are closer to:

27 TDs (very close)
19 Ints (not close)
3580 yards (not close)
81.5 (not close)

But, Smith's TD passes per game were starting to wane. He averaged 2 TD passes per game for the first 7.5 games, then averaged only 1 TD pass per game for the final 3 games (his play was clearly fading from his early performances). There's simply no telling what would've happened if Smith had the early starts against AZ, Minn and ATL. Would he really have played as well against Houston in that 2nd half if he been the starter the whole time?

And if he had been the starter from day 1, would he have faired well enough to continue starting, or would Hill have come in and replaced him just like Smith had to replace Hill in Houston? We just don't know...but projecting raw stats over 10.5 games does not paint a true picture of what might've happened.
How is this a debate?

Ben Rapistmullet is a much better qb than Alex.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
How is this a debate?

So you agree we should sign him? I would trade our 2nd rounder for him.

2nd) Big Ben
5th) Ted Ginn

Draft the rest. That's already a good draft.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Can somebody please give some reasonw why you dont want a 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback to play for our team?

Because Heitmann won't feel as comfortable with a rapist placing his hands under his nuts.

LMFAO!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How is this a debate?

2nd) Big Ben
5th) Ted Ginn

Oh, the Steelers are looking for MUCH more than that. No way we could get him for a 2nd.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How is this a debate?

2nd) Big Ben
5th) Ted Ginn

Oh, the Steelers are looking for MUCH more than that. No way we could get him for a 2nd.

Maybe we could. His public image has taken a hit.

Originally posted by 49erWill:
steelers want a top 10 pick....

What the Steelers WANT and what they GET are two entirely different things.

Nobody is going to trade that kind of value for the damaged goods that is Ben RuthlessBanger.

Only Al Davis would make a trade like that. And he just might. Because -- he's Al. And he drools on himself.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Nobody is going to trade that kind of value for the damaged goods that is Ben RuthlessBanger.

Only Al Davis would make a trade like that. And he just might. Because -- he's Al. And he drools on himself.

Then they'll just keep him. I think the point is that they want something great, or they'll just hang onto him.

Then they'll just keep him. I think the point is that they want something great, or they'll just hang onto him.

this. i'm sure they'd take a top 10 pick for him, but I bet this is mostly their way of saying to ben that they're not afraid to get rid of him.
Alex Smith + 2nd rounder

I'm game.

I don't know. You might be right. Then again, you might be wrong. This is Pittsburgh. This kind of BS just doesn't fly with them. The Pittsburgh Steelers are bigger than Big Ben RuthlessBanger. They're bigger than any one player.

I think they've come to the decision that Big Ben has a Big Empty Hole in his head and is never going to "get it." These are just incidents with two different women. There have been others -- not dealing with women -- that greatly illustrate Big Ben's Big Lack of Maturity.

Even Terry Bradshaw has gone on record -- years ago actually -- calling on the Big Boy to grow up.

Don't think it worked.

I think Pittsburgh gets the best deal it can and deals. My guess is Big Ben will be wearing a Silver and Black jumpsuit pretty soon.

That's worse than jail time.
Share 49ersWebzone