LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'll be pissed if he goes to Oakland. One single trade for Big Ben and the blackhole across the bay will be AFC contenders again.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jed York you SOB get Rothlesburger ASAP !!!!

Get a proven superbowl winner, those chances don't come around everyday.

Shut up guys! I don't want Ben here!

Why not ??

Do you like to watch the 49ers win games ????
Originally posted by Hopper:
I'll be pissed if he goes to Oakland. One single trade for Big Ben and the blackhole across the bay will be AFC contenders again.

The black hole would take on a hole new meaning. "and ben forces it down the field, too far and sails it into the black hole!" Besides, they have no OLine and their defense is shaky. They still wouldn't be better than us.
I think we've sucked for so long that we've forgotten what a good QB is. No one wanted McNabb because he was old. Now there is Big Ben who is a franchise Qb and 49er fans still don't want him. They think he will suck on our team but I think that's just clouded judgment because every QB we've had since Garcia has sucked and they forgot what it feels like to have a good QB.

Personally I don't know how to feel, I want him but then I don't. It's whatever

Why not ??

We'd be just fine without him! No one man is bigger than his team. Besides, I don't want my dream to come true.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Anyone can make jokes with his name, but it still doesn't change the fact he's a 2x superbowl champ and a franchise QB.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Anyone can make jokes with his name, but it still doesn't change the fact he's a 2x superbowl champ and a franchise QB.

Yah, but one of those SB rings doesn't count because they "won it inspite of him," as someone said.

Why not ??

We'd be just fine without him! No one man is bigger than his team. Besides, I don't want my dream to come true.

What dream?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Why not ??

whats your dream
DISCLAIMER: DO NOT BLAME ME IF THIS HAPPENS!

I had a dream weeks ago that Ben Roethlisberger becomes a 49er. In the dream, I saw him in the uniform! Now it seems like its lining up to happen... Keep in mind I had a dream about us drafting Michael Crabtree (those who remember), and look what happened there. For the record, I do not want "Big Ben" to be a member of the San Francisco 49ers.

Don't be mad at me!

This!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I had a dream weeks ago that Ben Roethlisberger becomes a 49er. In the dream, I saw him in the uniform! Now it seems like its lining up to happen... Keep in mind I had a dream about us drafting Michael Crabtree (those who remember), and look what happened there. For the record, I do not want "Big Ben" to be a member of the San Francisco 49ers.

Don't be mad at me!

This!

I hope your dream come true.

Don't be mad at me!

This!

Ouch, yeah sometimes I have dreams that happen to. Back in my sophomore year of HS, before I changed schools I had a dream that I was in a classroom with a teacher and a bunch of students I had never seen before. A year later that was my history class at my new school.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows- I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't see Jed bringing in someone with BR's poor reputation. @matthews2285 chances Big Ben is 49er?

Yup...Jed would rather be 8-8 with squeeky clean Alex Smith than 11-5 with Big Ben.

raper is suspended for the first 6 games so we wouldnt go 11-5 with him.

f**k BEN ROETHLISBERGER

Yes, because the only season he would play for us is 2010. You do realize there are other seasons after this one, do you not?

Roethlisberger is overrated and we would be 8-8 with him as our QB

You need to start watching more football.

I watch plenty.

It doesn't show. Calling Big Ben "overrated" given how he moves in the pocket and extends plays behind a horrible o-line, makes some of the toughest throws any QB can make and has 2 SB rings in his 6 years, shows a lack of football knowledge.

Brett Favre does the same s**t and he is overrated as well. Roethlisberger has had an awesome defense and a running game his entire career he is a product of their system. I dont think ben wins anything if he is not on those steeler teams

Now you're calling Favre (one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL)overrated.

Listen, you're welcome to your opinion...we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

LOL. I agree they are both real good. Some people don't understand.

We should consider signing him. He would help us.
Can somebody please give some reasonw why you dont want a 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback to play for our team? I just dont understand why you guys dont want him to play for us. How is he over-rated? Please explain!!!!

Ben Roethlisberger in 2009:
26 touchdowns
12 interceptions
4,328 Yards
100.5 QB Rating

He is a proven NFL QB.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Can somebody please give some reasonw why you dont want a 2 time Super Bowl Winning Quarterback to play for our team? I just dont understand why you guys dont want him to play for us. How is he over-rated? Please explain!!!!

Ben Roethlisberger in 2009:
26 touchdowns
12 interceptions
4,328 Yards
100.5 QB Rating

He is a proven NFL QB.

Alex Smith put up similar numbers in far less games
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 21, 2010 at 2:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone