Marshall traded to DOLPHINS for 2 second rounders

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dez Bryant will now be a Denver Bronco
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Not if the jaguars take him first or if they trade down with somebody who wants bryant to get ahead of the broncos. Plus the jags dont have a second round pick.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
I guess Sea will not only be weak on D but now they will not have a threat on offense. RB's....no, wr's....no. Now all a team has to do is take spiller before SEA and i think the SEA will have to wait a few more years to contend for the division....i love it. All SEA does is take players, they are very bad at drafting (see TJ, Branch, J Jones, Kerney, and so on and so on).

I as well as all of you should be happy that we don't have to deal with Marshall 2 times a year, and now MIA is one of my favorite teams

You do realize that the decision makers are now Caroll & Schneider in Seattle, so hard to judge their drafting ability when they have not put together any classes yet. Schneider was a Ted Thompson understudy.

They do have 1 very proven WR in TJ Houshmanzadeh, a great pass catching TE and at RB they appear thin but Forsett did finish the season very strong. I am not worried about them getting Spiller as there are other good backs outside the 1st that they could land that could still become great. RB is a position where mid-round gems can be found often and the Hawks will continue to run the ZBS. They have brought in arguably the best OL coach for a team running the ZBS in Alex Gibbs.

They also have the ability to grab a franchise LT in the 1st round or maybe they go with Eric Berry. With the other pick they could land a top tier pass rusher (Morgan, JPP, Graham or Griffen) if they don't go RB (Spiller/Matthews), WR (Bryant) or select whomever they have as the BPA on there draft board (perhaps even a franchise QB in Jimmy Clausen should he fall that far).

While they don't appear to be a major threat, they could easily make the same claims about us and our unproven OL, the uncertainty we still have at QB, or the lack of proven playmakers and inexperience we possess at WR and even the lack of any real threats at OLB in our base D and at DE in our nickel package. They may not be favorite to win our division but I wouldn't count them out.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
who will throw him the ball?

Chad Henne who is decent and still very young. He can just throw it up to marshall and henne is better than orton.

the next tom brady

More like Brian Griese
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Chad Henne who is decent and still very young. He can just throw it up to marshall and henne is better than orton.

the next tom brady

More like Brian Griese

I'd take that
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dolphins stole Brandon Marshall.

He is a beast.

I can't wait to see Josh McDaniels get fired. His arrogance is so annoying.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 14, 2010 at 7:05 AM ]
Great move by the Dolphins- getting a top 5 WR who's about to enter his prime years.
Good trade for dolphins Sorry he will be way better than anybody they draft in the 2nd round this year or next year. And giving there young qb somebody to throw too. I like Best a lot as a 2nd WR.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

the next tom brady

More like Brian Griese

I'd take that

I said Brian not Bob
Originally posted by elguapo:
I guess Sea will not only be weak on D but now they will not have a threat on offense. RB's....no, wr's....no. Now all a team has to do is take spiller before SEA and i think the SEA will have to wait a few more years to contend for the division....i love it. All SEA does is take players, they are very bad at drafting (see TJ, Branch, J Jones, Kerney, and so on and so on).

I as well as all of you should be happy that we don't have to deal with Marshall 2 times a year, and now MIA is one of my favorite teams

YES!!! And the cards did not get McNabb! Wohooo!
Originally posted by stever:
This means, Dez Bryant will go to Denver if the seahawks don't take him at #6.
If the hawks wan't him , they have to take him at #6 which would mean a tackle could slide. Good news.
Marshall traded

Or someone trades up for him. At any rate, he's gone before 13.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Is this true? Can't find anything anywhere else.

ESPN

It's all over NFLN too
Doesn't necessarily mean Denver will take Bryant.

There is a plethora of talented receivers that will be available in the 2nd and beyond.
Share 49ersWebzone