LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Report: Seahawks have discussed Marshawn Lynch

Shop 49ers game tickets
from pro football talk

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 13, 2010 9:27 PM ET
The mystery Pro Bowl running back on the trade block we mentioned a few days back is indeed Marshawn Lynch. But he won't come cheaply.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Bills "would be open to moving [Lynch] if a package included a second-round pick."

(I'd like $1 million for writing this post, and may have a better shot at getting my price. )

There's no chance anyone would give up that high a pick for someone with Lynch's off-field baggage and salary, unless they were getting something like a third-round pick back.

Robinson notes that the Seahawks have had "internal discussions" about Lynch, but it's unclear how serious their interest is. The Bills and Seahawks have not yet talked, but the trade would make sense if Seattle passes on C.J. Spiller and Ryan Matthews in round one.

If the Bills are stuck on wanting a second-rounder for Lynch, they are misjudging his value or they aren't really that interested in moving him.
If they pick up Lynch we could probably get Spiller with #17.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Lynch sucks, hope they trade for him
seriously, which name that has popped up in trade talks have the seahawks not discussed.

i think every team discusses if they want a player, if they do something about it is completely different.
lol they're gonna have a Cal backfield circa 2005-2006
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Actually when his game is on he's a beast and looks like one too.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
If they pick up Lynch we could probably get Spiller with #17.

Really? You think the top RB of the draft will fall to #17.
I hope he goes to Green Bay

You will be singing a different tune once he puts on that uniform in week one. My best friend is a die hard Bills fan and I watch alot of games of them. Lynch is an absolute beast that runs hard or maybe harder than AP. He has a really s**tty oline that blocks for him but when in the open field hes like Steven Jackson. Hell the day he had on us two years ago was preety good. I remember him ripping off two big runs on us. If he can get his issues straight he would be an ELITE back.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

You will be singing a different tune once he puts on that uniform in week one. My best friend is a die hard Bills fan and I watch alot of games of them. Lynch is an absolute beast that runs hard or maybe harder than AP. He has a really s**tty oline that blocks for him but when in the open field hes like Steven Jackson. Hell the day he had on us two years ago was preety good. I remember him ripping off two big runs on us. If he can get his issues straight he would be an ELITE back.

Agreed, I do NOT want Lynch going to the Seahawks. I can't see them doing this anyway, they'll have two shots in the 1st round to grab Spiller who won't come to them with baggage.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Definitely not Elite. And you do realize that Seattle has almost as s**tty an O-Line as Buffalo right? Definitely not afraid of Lynch

Share 49ersWebzone